Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
How do you get it to show up like that on this forum? I know how to do it on other forums but not here.
Take the link from your browser (the bar at the top, not the share link) and then paste it in here as a link. Typically has to have the link where it includes "watch" and then a sequence of characters. Hope that makes sense!

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Take the link from your browser (the bar at the top, not the share link) and then paste it in here as a link. Typically has to have the link where it includes "watch" and then a sequence of characters. Hope that makes sense!
Ah! Got it

Here's another with a couple more clips. Including the one I posted earlier.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=ACSIV2zG_CA;t=199[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Any word on when you're offering a full three inch connection? You said it's coming but didn't know if you had an ETA now. Buddy really wants it but refuses to hack up a brand new higher end exhaust and I don't blame him.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Any word on when you're offering a full three inch connection? You said it's coming but didn't know if you had an ETA now. Buddy really wants it but refuses to hack up a brand new higher end exhaust and I don't blame him.
I don't blame him either. Give me time to get updates from the appropriate sectors of the facility. Will update!

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
How does say the touring edition axel-back compare to the touring edition cat-back in terms of sound level and tone?

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
these are the best clips I could find
Hey, Thanks for posting! I read this entire 24 page thread, lol, so I saw those video's. But its hard to compare youtube video's to each other. Was hoping AWE themselves will respond as they have undoubtedly heard both.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Hey, Thanks for posting! I read this entire 24 page thread, lol, so I saw those video's. But its hard to compare youtube video's to each other. Was hoping AWE themselves will respond as they have undoubtedly heard both.
Here I am!

So this far from apples to apples as you could imagine. The Touring CBE is full 3-inch from the headers back (with acception to the slip joint which respects the factory header diameter), with our H-pipe up front, two bullet-style resonators, and our 180 Technology® in the rear. The Touring ABE is a 2.5-inch 180 Technology®-packed configuration, and retains the factory mid section.

The videos do a good job representing the tones, but as you can imagine they only sound better in person. Neither system drones, but the Touring CBE packs much more of a deep, rich tone whereas the axle-back is more "soft" as it has the big mid section to quiet it down. Because of this it is also quieter than the CBE counterpart.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Here I am!

So this far from apples to apples as you could imagine. The Touring CBE is full 3-inch from the headers back, with our H-pipe up front, two bullet-style resonators, and our 180 Technology® in the rear. The Touring ABE is a 2.5-inch 180 Technology®-packed configuration, and retains the factory mid section.

The videos do a good job representing the tones, but as you can imagine they only sound better in person. Neither system drones, but the Touring CBE packs much more of a deep, rich tone whereas the axle-back is more "soft" as it has the big mid section to quiet it down. Because of this it is also quieter than the CBE counterpart.
How is it full three inch? It necks down to work with stock headers. Thats the reason my friend is waiting, refuses to hack it up to make it not neck down.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
How is it full three inch? It necks down to work with stock headers. Thats the reason my friend is waiting, refuses to hack it up to make it not neck down.
Well, yes. Aside from the area that respects the factory OD, it is 3". My apologies -- I should have disclosed that specific aspect. I have edited my previous post. :cheers:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Well, yes. Aside from the area that respects the factory OD, it is 3". My apologies -- I should have disclosed that specific aspect. I have edited my previous post. :cheers:
Wasn't trying to be a ball buster and what not. But it does matter :cheers:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

Since-64'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (soon)
Here I am!

So this far from apples to apples as you could imagine. The Touring CBE is full 3-inch from the headers back (with acception to the slip joint which respects the factory header diameter), with our H-pipe up front, two bullet-style resonators, and our 180 Technology® in the rear. The Touring ABE is a 2.5-inch 180 Technology®-packed configuration, and retains the factory mid section.

Thanks for the info. Gives me a good idea between the two. :thumbsup:
Sponsored