OP
OP
blueylewis

blueylewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
platinum white 2017
These 5.0s are noisy but great engines, our 15 GT had a slight knocking noise under normal driving or parked at 1200 to 2000 RPM.With 2K on the car went to Ford and they were VERY GOOD trying to fix it. Turned out to be wrist pin to loose on #3-6&7:doh: This may not be your problem but the dealer wanted to put in a complete engine but Ford would only OK a short block. Well it`s a long story but after 4 months and many attempts to fix it Ford RAV dept took very good care of us and put us in a new 17 GT :clap2:. Hope this is not your noise..Good Luck!

I have a couple questions- Did you have to go through the lemon law process?
and did you end up taking a big loss on the new car they placed you in?
Sponsored

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
I have a couple questions- Did you have to go through the lemon law process?
and did you end up taking a big loss on the new car they placed you in?
We did not have to go through the Lemon Law but they use the same formula that is on the lemon law with no third party involved. They were a lot faster than involving a third party, If you qualify they will take very good care of you.

Can not state numbers but we were VERY happy:thumbsup: Went from a 2015 GT with a lot of engine problems listed on carfax and 2 years old to a brand new 17 GT that retailed a little more for almost nothing.
You can call them at Ford RAV dept to start the process Ford Lincoln Required Vehicle Program Headquarters Phone-1800-367-3050

In FLA our car had to be 15 days out of service with 3 attempts to fix the same problem. Again our Dealership`s service dept was great and in the end Ford RAV stepped up to take GOOD care of us:clap2:Not a good pic but everything dropped down for repair 3 times..Engine-Trans-and everything with K member
Good Luck
20170310_152152.jpg

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
It could be number of issues, including dry starting the car after the oil change. The only way to know for certain is to disassemble the engine and find the culprit. It's kind of a baseless claim to insinuate that there is a special additive in the factory fill with virtually no evidence to support it.
We can argue this to death. The noise started after the first oil change and went away only when Comp cams were installed. The noise never changed in any manner despite different types of oil, additives, etc., yet it was silent on the factory fill. Let's just blame it on a dry start and move on, deal?

OP
OP
blueylewis

blueylewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
platinum white 2017
UPDATE...

So I got my car back and they put a new motor in it. They say Cylinder 5 was the problem, they did not specify what it was exactly. They didn't offer a lot of feedback or let me see anything really. There are some small issues, like the plastic elbow on the air inlet tube got broken and we are waiting for a new one to come in, right now it is just rigged to work.

One thing I wanted to note is that I am very happy about the way it runs now. I think the knock was causing the computer to pull timing in the beginning of the RPM range and was causing my car to be extremely sluggish off the line, but coming from a stick and this being my first auto car I didn't know if it was normal. Now I can say it isn't, the car pulls out now, thank god, I was regretting my purchase.

I accumulated a bunch of parts while the car was at the dealership and got to put them on this weekend. Here is the final product. I am glad I didn't go to the dark side over this.
cain.JPG
cain 1.JPG

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Looks great!! Glad they sorted everything out for you!! :cheers:

Sponsored

yohoeimmattbro

Amateur Mexican
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
[MENTION=10661]blue[/MENTION]y What wheels are those? That thing is GORGEOUS. I have an Oxford 17 and that is the exact look im going for lol

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
They look like project 6gr

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey there, having some engine noise and I'm wondering if your noise was there even when the engine was warm? I'm thinking I have piston slap as mine goes away once everything is nice and warm.. Just wondering how your acted.
Thanks!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers don’t prime oil filters any more. Could that cause enough dry running to create a bit of piston slap?

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
[MENTION=17192]BOBS550[/MENTION] this is what’s happening with my 2018

[MENTION=32370]cjldad[/MENTION]
Sponsored