Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just got my Uniden R3. It's the new hot radar detector on the rdforum and reviewed very highly by Vortex Radar. Once I get it figured out I'll post my thoughts. First time I've ran with a radar since a Beltronics 745 STi in the 90's. Figured it's time to start using one again since I find it way too easy to hit triple digits in this car.
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Just got my Uniden R3. It's the new hot radar detector on the rdforum and reviewed very highly by Vortex Radar. Once I get it figured out I'll post my thoughts. First time I've ran with a radar since a Beltronics 745 STi in the 90's. Figured it's time to start using one again since I find it way too easy to hit triple digits in this car.
Very wise choice. Congratulations :)

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I hear you on the triple digits brother. But I hate to tell you. You are still exposed to johnny law in a big way. Most states and municipalities are, or have upgraded to laser. AL Priority or similar laser shifter is therefore, mandatory. It also doubles as a "parking aid", which makes it legal in most states.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have a 9500ci (radar only) mounted in the bumper and a V1 on the rear windshield running YaV1. The 9500ci is for pure range and the V1 is for arrows. Best of both worlds without having to sacrifice one or the other.

I also have 3F/2R ALPs and use Waze religiously.

RDForum is a great board for countermeasures, I'm fairly active there as well as here.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I hear you on the triple digits brother. But I hate to tell you. You are still exposed to johnny law in a big way. Most states and municipalities are, or have upgraded to laser. AL Priority or similar laser shifter is therefore, mandatory. It also doubles as a "parking aid", which makes it legal in most states.
It's on my list! I try not to get too crazy on public roads. If it's a triple-digit sprint, it's usually in the daylight on dry interstate and clear field of vision for a couple miles. Waze running, of course. The radar just adds a little more info combined with Waze to hopefully keep me out of trouble.

Definitely like the ALP, though.
Sponsored