Sponsored

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Great sound, I totally agree. While the cracks and burbles are fun, they create just a little to much drama. For this reason I wouldn't want to remove the resonators from the stock exhaust.

But the end result of your project is just about perfect.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Having heard Matt's exhaust in person I can say that it is pretty different than stock. The long-tube headers refine the sound and raise the pitch more. It definitely pushes the voodoo sound closer to the exotic/Ferrari end of the spectrum. I wasn't sure after hearing his videos on-line, but once I heard it in person I thought it sounded great.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hmm, what if we want the higher pitched wail of the long tubes but also the popping on decel? Are these 1st world sports car problems? Isn't this the car where we can have cake and eat it too?!

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't think Borla has released their headers yet, but i would love to hear them paired with the Borla Attak or Ford Performance (by Borla) exhaust. That might be the ticket....

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
God you header install video was painfull to watch lol. They are so easy to get off. Great write up though!

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This was nicely put together, sir. The car sounds great.

I do have to say that the gains are a little disappointing. 20-30 whp is not really a lot when you consider that you changed everything in how the car breathes and then tuned it. I would think a tune alone could give you at least 20-30 whp on a V8.

Then again, our cars may be as close to well balanced as they can be without forced induction.

Good job and glad you like it.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This was nicely put together, sir. The car sounds great.

I do have to say that the gains are a little disappointing. 20-30 whp is not really a lot when you consider that you changed everything in how the car breathes and then tuned it. I would think a tune alone could give you at least 20-30 whp on a V8.

Then again, our cars may be as close to well balanced as they can be without forced induction.

Good job and glad you like it.
I agree that this was well put together and very nice for comparing the mods.

As far as tuning potential goes, I'd think that the more a car is optimized from the factory, the less potential improvement there will be from a tune. I think the Voodoo is decently optimized from the factory, so it isn't surprising that a tune doesn't unlock a huge amount of power. I would like to better understand what is happening under 3000 RPM though, and if there is a way to increase the torque in that area to better match what it is @ 3500 RPM. That discontinuity has always bugged me a little.

Thanks for the work OP.

-T
Sponsored