Sponsored

2018 PP with black roof a no go?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
See a black roof makes the PP slower because it absorbs more heat energy which transfers down to the blinker fluid canister causing knock and that makes the crankshaft position sensor read the valve position instead of the crank causing you to lose 99.234 horsepower on Fridays and Saturdays only. That's why you can't have a black roof.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Honest question: Does a $140 (or even $400) roof wrap last anywhere near as long as a painted roof?

What would it cost to have a roof painted?
You think they mask it off and paint it twice? It probably is a wrap.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Wrap it. about 1/3rd the price.

So much cheaper, that if you keep you car long enough for it to fade, oxidize, etc.. you could get it redone twice and it would still be cheaper!

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
You think they mask it off and paint it twice? It probably is a wrap.
I definitely think they mask it off and paint it twice. I got a nasty chip in my black roof all the way down to the metal. And I can see the layer of blue paint under the black and the black is definitely paint because as someone else said vinyl doesn't chip like paint does.

In fact, my theory is that it is sent off somewhere else to have the roof painted because my car had a weird delay after it was built before it was shipped.
Sponsored