2018 PP with black roof a no go?

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
It seems when I build out a car and select the Oxford white with a black roof I can't have the performance pack. Or I guess I should say, when I add the PP I am forced to remove the black roof. Are these two options not compatible?
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same problem when I custom ordered my 16.
I took the PP and had the roof wrapped for $400 less than the painted roof.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It seems when I build out a car and select the Oxford white with a black roof I can't have the performance pack. Or I guess I should say, when I add the PP I am forced to remove the black roof. Are these two options not compatible?
I never understood why you can't have the Black Accent pkg and the PP.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I don't know why the black accent package is not a no-cost swap at all trim levels. Does it cost more to make black plastic than it costs to make chrome plastic?
Because people will pay for it. Of course the package as-is includes the black painted roof and black wheels which definitely cost.

It's annoying that they don't allow it with the PP. If people want to pay full price for two different options that include wheels then it's just more profit.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Honest question: Does a $140 (or even $400) roof wrap last anywhere near as long as a painted roof?

What would it cost to have a roof painted?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
It was stupid for Ford to be showing '18 models with PP + Black Roof early on.....get our hopes up for something we can't order?

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Why the PP and want to weigh it down with a super heavy roof at the worst possible location for the weight?
If the use Gorilla glass(like the Ford GT) it won't be that much weight. The issue would be crash safety.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Because people will pay for it. Of course the package as-is includes the black painted roof and black wheels which definitely cost.

It's annoying that they don't allow it with the PP. If people want to pay full price for two different options that include wheels then it's just more profit.
Yea, but if some people like black badges and some like chrome just offer both and sell more ENTIRE CARS, which is the goal right? Ford can squeeze a few extra bucks out of a subset of customers, or they can just have more customers.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Honest question: Does a $140 (or even $400) roof wrap last anywhere near as long as a painted roof?

What would it cost to have a roof painted?
Paint chips, viynl doesn't. I've had mine wrapped since I purchased my Mustang and it still looks painted. I also can buff out minor defects like scratches and the easier part is, refresh it for another $100 when I want. I wouldn't waste money on painted roof honestly. 3M 1080 Gloss Black looks perfect.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Glad I ordered mine with painted black roof - really sets the car off. '18 can't get it unless you get the black accent package...

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Paint chips, viynl doesn't. I've had mine wrapped since I purchased my Mustang and it still looks painted. I also can buff out minor defects like scratches and the easier part is, refresh it for another $100 when I want. I wouldn't waste money on painted roof honestly. 3M 1080 Gloss Black looks perfect.
Good to know - I honestly thought that vinyl wouldn't hold up nearly as well as paint + clear coat!
Sponsored