Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
$44,370 MSRP. This was a custom order for a 2017 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Pack, Premier Trim, Enhanced Security, 401A, Nav.

Paid $36900 after $750 private cash before TTL.
I put $10,000 down and traded in a vehicle for $13,000.
Financed through my credit union at 1.85%.

The cash rebates outweighed the financing rebates in the long run. This was probably the best deal I've ever done on a new car.
This is the exact same options and deal that I worked in August. Such an excellent deal :)
Sponsored

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Over here the crash testers gave the Mustang just 2 stars out of 5. I'm hoping the 18 will improve things and as such cancelled my 17 order.
Dr Grabster, 2 out of 5? you do know the mustang crash structure is fine, nothing wrong with that. The 2 stars came from omission of nancy safety systems such as blind spot monitoring which i have on my Kia Sportage but i find it to be useless because properley adjusted mirrors negate this, and every driver should know how to set up their mirrors right?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I hunted down a 17' GT, primarily because I don't like the 18 front end, and I wanted grabber blue before they became too rare (I know they're not rare, but less common) in this body style. I lucked out and found a GT PP premium for 32.5k (before TTL) with only 2k miles on it. I pulled the trigger and got it last night. I wish the paint was taken care of better (microscratching/swirls), but I feel I got a great deal. This car is practically new and its original sticker was $46.5k.

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
A deal too good to pass on...

Well I wasn't planning on contributing to this thread, but here I am... the proud owner of a spanking-new 2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP car (401A). And it really came down to not being able to pass on a great deal.

A friend mentioned that he got a great deal by car shopping out-of-state in Maryland, and I did a quick search to see what he was talking about. I came across Koons Ford in Baltimore and was honestly blown away by the prices they were advertising for '17 GTs and found a car in the color I wanted spec'd out how I would have ordered it. I got $8200 off the car from sticker, and picked it up yesterday. Compared to the 2018 I was planning to order (which honestly had options that I couldn't get on the '17 like Magneride and active exhaust) the price difference was over $10K. Considering I have a son in college and another one starting next year this was a no-brainer to me. The '18 is an awesome car, but the '17 is no push-over and compared to my '05 it's such a huge upgrade.

So, now it's time to start looking at all the mod threads. A new exhaust will definitely be coming in the spring :)

Rob

PS: I've never dealt with Koons before but they were extremely good to work with - very nice and straightforward. If anyone is interested they are also selling a '17 GT350 for under MSRP...
IMG_2253-1.jpg
IMG_2254-1.jpg

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Love that color! Was definitely my next choice after Grabber Blue.

Sponsored

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
When I pulled into the dealership and they had it sitting out front my heart rate just jumped. It looks fantastic in the sun - so deep and beautiful. Ford does a great job with their metallic paints - their blues look similarly great. But the ruby is just so cool...especially with black wheels.

Rob

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well I wasn't planning on contributing to this thread, but here I am... the proud owner of a spanking-new 2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP car (401A). And it really came down to not being able to pass on a great deal.

A friend mentioned that he got a great deal by car shopping out-of-state in Maryland, and I did a quick search to see what he was talking about. I came across Koons Ford in Baltimore and was honestly blown away by the prices they were advertising for '17 GTs and found a car in the color I wanted spec'd out how I would have ordered it. I got $8200 off the car from sticker, and picked it up yesterday. Compared to the 2018 I was planning to order (which honestly had options that I couldn't get on the '17 like Magneride and active exhaust) the price difference was over $10K. Considering I have a son in college and another one starting next year this was a no-brainer to me. The '18 is an awesome car, but the '17 is no push-over and compared to my '05 it's such a huge upgrade.

So, now it's time to start looking at all the mod threads. A new exhaust will definitely be coming in the spring :)

Rob

PS: I've never dealt with Koons before but they were extremely good to work with - very nice and straightforward. If anyone is interested they are also selling a '17 GT350 for under MSRP...
Congrats! Awesome move too. I'm sure you saved more than 10K vs. 2018. I have bought many Mustangs from Koons and they are just about the best price in the tri-state. I got my GT350 from a Koons. They have their service issues just like others though.

:cheers:

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I initially wanted '17 V6, 'cause it had more power than my prev car anyways. Then got myself talked into a '17 GT, that has more power than I needed anyways. So even more power in '18 promise didn't really have any appeal to me. Then I saw '18 images and disliked its front end. Then I saw '18 in person and it didn't change my opinion regarding its appearance in any way.

Very happy with my '17 GTPP MT since mid summer.

P.S. will not lie - money matter, but I bought 17 before 18 pricing announcements.

Also, IMO '18 has yet to demo its reliability next several years - time test that <18 coyote just passed.