Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I posted in another thread earlier this evening that according to Carl Widmann, Mustang chief engineer, the 18 PP with MagneRide uses the GT 350 front bearing and a bigger front knuckle than the non- MagneRide versions. He does not say that the knuckle is the GT 350 version, only the bearing. In a video earlier this year Carl said that both the bearing and the Knuckle were stronger but didn't mention GT350 for either part.

Due to other differences with the GT350 front suspension my guess is that the MagneRide knuckle is a beefed up version of the normal knuckle which incorporates the GT350 bearing (as Carl said).
Yep, this.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Negative, grasshopper. Those springs are would the same way like the 15-17 non Shelby cars. Notice how the coils are the same...
The lower picture is of my 17. Top is AM's 18. Look at the shape of the LCA on the passenger side, it's definitely different.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The lower picture is of my 17. Top is AM's 18. Look at the shape of the LCA on the passenger side, it's definitely different.
Good call! I stand corrected. I wonder if that's magneride only or all. If all, it could allow for use of GT350/GT350R right rear springs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share the Steeda version ... stay tuned for more details!

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S’pension!

Good call! I stand corrected. I wonder if that's magneride only or all. If all, it could allow for use of GT350/GT350R right rear springs.
From looking at the Ford Display cars at Woodward earlier this year, and talking with the suspension engineer, the Front Knuckle is not the 350 Knuckle. At least on PP1. Check the Caliper Mounting. It is similar to the GT, not the 350. The other Suspension Components are beefed-up, but could just be the Base 350, which was equivalent to the PP on the Anniversary Car. PP2 could be the 350 Track Pack Car Parts. Don’t know.

PP2 could be different, but at that time, there was no information on a PP2.

The 350 Knuckles are hollow. Someone thought they may be for a future All-Wheel Drive Car. The GT Knuckles have a Spindle and the 18s looked similar to me.

The Rear Spring On PP1 is going to be different from the 350 because the ride height is up, similar to present PP cars. PP2 is Lower, so could use the 350 Spring.

Up until this summer, no one was making Counterwound Springs in the aftermarket that I am aware of. I asked one of the major Spring Manufacturers about getting a set for my car, because I want to keep the present ride height, not down like the 350. He said they couldn’t or wouldn’t at that time. Of course no one knew about the 18s having the Counterwound Spring, so there was really no market for them and no reason to tool-up for such a very small group (me). Now that the 18s are going to be using them, they can start tooling up.

Magneride needs to be able to handle the higher ride height of the PP1 Cars. Don’t know what difference there is from that and the PP2 cars, or if they will just use the 350 Magneride for the PP2. Not sure if they can use either for both.

Software should be different and improved, so we can get a better ride on the non-track cars or more aggressive than the 350 on the PP2s.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Underside of a MagneRide display car someone posted:

[/url][/IMG]

Reactions: JWS

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

[/url][/IMG]
I see the underbody rust protection has improved for the 2018 refresh! ;)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé

[/url][/IMG]
Looks like Woodward. Car has Magneride, Active Exhsust and Counterwound Rear Springs. Calipers are bolted-on like Standard GT Calipers.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Between the Bullitt and PP2 either way I have to wait till next year.
LOL along with 2 or more others...."soon to be owners" :doh:
Sponsored