Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
According to specs my 67 GT500 is subpar and slower then a 2018 gt. Mpgs. Horsepower. Technology. Handling. Everything. Its not even close.

Guess which one I think is more fun to drive?
I've tried to explain this before;

My 2012 BPP car was more exciting to drive than my 2016 GTPP car. Lighter, a less sophisticated suspension and chassis. That car was less controlled, squirming here and there, with nose dive/rise under braking/acceleration.

But by God that car made you feel alive. Mostly out of fear, but the hairs on your neck stood up.

I love my 2016, but my 2012 was more exciting to drive. The 2016 wins because dynamically it's just better.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You don't like the look of the facelift
You prefere the look of the pre facelift
And are now looking into a Camaro SS

Why not get a pre-fl ? Are you on the wrong forum ? :D

Or, 2018 + aftermarket front..?

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
According to specs my 67 GT500 is subpar and slower then a 2018 gt. Mpgs. Horsepower. Technology. Handling. Everything. Its not even close.

Guess which one I think is more fun to drive?
I can so relate. My most fun-to-drive ever car has been my 1963 Volkswagen Beetle, and I had a Porsche, and Evo, and a 'vette!

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I've tried to explain this before;

My 2012 BPP car was more exciting to drive than my 2016 GTPP car. Lighter, a less sophisticated suspension and chassis. That car was less controlled, squirming here and there, with nose dive/rise under braking/acceleration.

But by God that car made you feel alive. Mostly out of fear, but the hairs on your neck stood up.

But you can get that effect out of any car with a little aftermarket work at little cost. Just run different tire pressures all around, maybe throw on some old bald tires laying around in your garage. If that's not good enough just change out right front and left rear shocks with something off ebay. Bingo!

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
My dealer got a 2018 for training. I love the way it looks. Pictures definitely do not do it justice. I even took pictures of the hood gaps lol. Honestly though it looks glad cant wait to actually test drive it. This one was Gt premium with the auto.
IMG_20171023_102301.jpg
IMG_20171023_102314.jpg
IMG_20171023_142155.jpg
IMG_20171023_142201.jpg

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
[ame]

Great quality video of the 18 and Digital dash in real world conditions, if you can ignore the kid who narrates.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Really hope there are some video / press reviews soon, considering now cars are at dealers I am surprised there is no reviews of the car by the press, I know its just a face lift but come on its one huge facelift as they have essentially made it quicker than a GT 350 in a straight line (A10 GT) and ability to corner practically as good (PP2).

We need to see some reviews, would love to see an A10 GT PP with mag ride and forged PS4 wheels go up against a PP2 and of course a Camaro and BMW M4 thrown in for good measure. :)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
We need to see some reviews, would love to see an A10 GT PP with mag ride and forged PS4 wheels go up against a PP2 and of course a Camaro and BMW M4 thrown in for good measure. :)
That's the big thing that worries me. Maybe it just can't hold up, but we will see :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Really hope there are some video / press reviews soon, considering now cars are at dealers I am surprised there is no reviews of the car by the press
Those cars are on a "tour" of dealers and are there for dealer training and aren't customer cars.......that being said, it'd be nice to see some media reviews before the end of the year :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
That's the big thing that worries me. Maybe it just can't hold up, but we will see :)
Hey don't get me wrong.

I suspect the Camaro and M4 will still be quicker but for me the Mustang is the better car, why?

- Looks and sound, Mustang is best looking, sounds far better than M4
- A10 automatic, should be a lovely thing, great in Camaro and BMW M-DCT is amazing, hopefully the A10 in Mustang will do proper downshift blips that turn heads in sport/track mode and not just rev-match like the outgoing A6 did.

The Mustang does not need to be fastest, it just needs to be close in the corners and as quick more or less in a straight line, that will be enough because its looks, cool digital dash and competitive price (here in UK compared to M4) will be enough.

The M4 is also a bit of a pain in the ass to drive in the UK unless you get the latest M4 CS which is still big money, as they are too firm and as such on a cold wet day the handling is just as bad as the Mustang MY15 was on pzero.

Oh and the M4 sounds absolutely SHITE! :D
Sponsored