2017/2018 Mach 1 Mustang Mule?

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Hopefully better axles to go with the beefed up rear. Oh, and while I'm wishing, a T56!

John

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Hopefully better axles to go with the beefed up rear. Oh, and while I'm wishing, a T56!

John
that'll be fun, then it'll never want to shift into 1st.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Sounds just like more speculation...why build a new plant for just a few more horses that the current engine is already capable of?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It does make sense. Cosworth would have invested plenty in the "TVR" engine and, given the relatively small number of engines TVR will require (I'd imagine annual production will be less than 1000 units) it makes sense for Cosworth to sell to a wider audience.

What's also interesting is Autocar magazine claimed the Mustang would see a 500hp V8 within 18 months of the car's UK launch. I even wrote to them to see if they would clarify (I even asked if they were talking about the 5.2 Voodoo) but I didn't get a response.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...-picture-prices-specs-and-performance-figures

The 5.0-litre V8 will be upgraded to 500bhp within 18 months of the car going on sale.

Given Autocar seem to be the first to break TVR news (it looks like TVR are using them to slowly release information first), they could well have had early knowledge of what Cosworth were cooking.

Of course, this could all be completely wrong :headbonk:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sounds just like more speculation...why build a new plant for just a few more horses that the current engine is already capable of?
I agree it's pure speculation, but they (Cosworth) could well be looking to supply this engine to more than just TVR and (possibly) Ford

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You and me both :thumbsup:

For me, Cosworth is synonymous with Ford. I passed my driving test around the time the first Sierra Cosworth hit the road and one of those was my dream car for a while. But reality meant I was driving a Mk1 Fiesta with a 950cc engine :D

Whilst I don't believe Mustang needs any Cosworth fairy dust sprinkled on it, it certainly wouldn't hurt :)

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
500hp... 10 speed auto... mach 1? Bring back GHIG and I'm there!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes, a Cosworth Coyote would be definitely something worth waiting for. Although I'd hope if it was a limited edition run they do manual/stick only like the GT350 and Porsche Cayman GT4.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yes, a Cosworth Coyote would be definitely something worth waiting for. Although I'd hope if it was a limited edition run they do manual/stick only like the GT350 and Porsche Cayman GT4.
Probably best to offer stick and auto.

No reason to artificially limit choices. Especially when the competition offers both.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Usually Id agree but if it was a limited edition just think it would show it to be more driver focused machine, plus manual is coming back into fashion and it'll be cheaper for Ford to concentrate on one transmission.
Sponsored