Light wheels with a reasonable price

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The reasonable price part is going to be the issue. The best bang for your buck is the 6gr wheels. If you want the lightest possible without carbon fiber you are looking at forglines and they will run you into the thousands. Next best is 6gr, but they are not forged (spun forged doesn't count). Either spend the money on billet forged wheels or compromise. I use the 6gr wheels for the street and have tracked them in the past. Many here track 6gr wheels. It's been discussed at length

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The reasonable price part is going to be the issue. The best bang for your buck is the 6gr wheels. If you want the lightest possible without carbon fiber you are looking at forglines and they will run you into the thousands. Next best is 6gr, but they are not forged (spun forged doesn't count). Either spend the money on billet forged wheels or compromise. I use the 6gr wheels for the street and have tracked them in the past. Many here track 6gr wheels. It's been discussed at length
Can you tell me how much forged wheels are vs 6gr and the weight difference between the both?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
LMR has some new GT350R replica wheels in 19x10 and 19x11 in the 24-25 pound range for a great price.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
20lbs is fully forged (and even then likely a bit heavier than 20lbs). What is your idea of "reasonable"

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Can you tell me how much forged wheels are vs 6gr and the weight difference between the both?
I'd have to remove my DD 6gr wheels to weigh them. Probably not going to happen. However I plan to track the R in December and put the carbon fiber wheels on then. When I do, if be happy to put them on a scale.

You are talking probably in the order near 5 grand for a set of forgelines (maybe less) (I'm sure someone will chime in). The 6gr wheels were less than 1.5 k IIRC. What are you trying to do?

The lighter you want the wheels, the more it will cost. How much do you want to spend?

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'd have to remove my DD 6gr wheels to weigh them. Probably not going to happen. However I plan to track the R in December and put the carbon fiber wheels on then. When I do, if be happy to put them on a scale.

You are talking probably in the order near 5 grand for a set of forgelines (maybe less) (I'm sure someone will chime in). The 6gr wheels were less than 1.5 k IIRC. What are you trying to do?

The lighter you want the wheels, the more it will cost. How much do you want to spend?
I understand. My budget is $3000-4000. I could go higher but probably not worth it for a car that costs 60k in the first place. I feel that lighter wheels and CF drive shaft combined will make tremendous improvement.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Hands down P51 are the best option. Also PK has a sale on them right now.

We’re talking 22 and 24 lbs. best weight/price available right now.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I understand. My budget is $3000-4000. I could go higher but probably not worth it for a car that costs 60k in the first place. I feel that lighter wheels and CF drive shaft combined will make tremendous improvement.
It all really depends on the result you are after. Only you can answer that question (cost vs performance). I can say that it was a huge improvement on my track pack (when i had it) running lighter wheels and sticky tires. My advice would be forgelines and cup 2's. As your first mod (that is if you are building to track)

In order of priority

Cup 2's
Wheels
CF drive shaft

Wheels and tires on top of the list by far

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
At the $3-4K range, you should be looking at Signature Wheels and BC Forged. Also, while combining lighter wheels with stickier tires at the same time is sort of the "ultimate mod" as far as making a large perceptible change to the vehicle, I would argue that if budget only allows for one that you should start with wheels. You will only notice the performance benefit of super sticky tires at the upper reaches of the handling envelope, whereas you will be able to notice reduced unsprung mass throughout the entire speed range.

You can check out this thread for Signature info: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1650532#post1650532

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Disagree with anyone saying that the 6gr is the way to go. Lots of great options from this company that won't break the bank and will be substantially nicer (imo) than going with the 6gr

http://www.bcforged-na.com/
Sponsored