Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
56k is not that bad. Grown-men aka boy racers aka basement dwellers are paying 60k on a Honda Civic type-R
Anyone who pays $60k for a Civic when you can get a GT350 for that is officially the dumbest person in the Universe.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just hope the bullit will have some performance goodies.

475hp will be just the right amount I think.

Funny to think that a (slightly) special edition mustang would be 15hp higher than a corvette.

:ford:
Right. A paint & louvers package doesn't excite me.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Anyone who pays $60k for a Civic when you can get a GT350 for that is officially the dumbest person in the Universe.
Like a friend who was a GM Ford dealership once told me, "There's a seat for every ass"

You, me, many would not pay 60k for a civic while others who love that car as much as we may love Mustangs will not even blink about paying that price.

And so it goes....

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
My guess is just an appearance package. That's exactly what the last Bullitt was. Green paint, some louvers, and some torque thrust wheels and a spoiler delete. Boring.

No doubt the dealers will mark up the price as it will be single production year and special edition. No thanks, you can make your own bullitt for half the price, but will be a different color. A premium price for some bullitt badging? No thanks. I'll gladly spend the money on a PP2 which would be discounted like all the rest run of the mill mustangs since it wouldn't be a "special edition".

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I’ll belive Bullitt it when I see it.

The more that comes out about the 2018, the more it pisses me off. From the woefully sparse and incomplete product information and lack of PP2 information at the time of Job 1 to the fact that PP2 will exclude the 10R80 and NONE of the advancements like the 10R80 or digital cluster made it to GT350 when ZL1 already has shown how epic it can be on track, this is one of the most poorly-executed launches for a business renown for poorly executed launches.

I don’t even give a rat’s ass about price. I’m perfectly able to decide whether or not a $54K 2018 GT Premium is worth my while. The only real way to end up jabbed in the ass is to buy a $54K 2018 GT only to learn of the $56K 2018 I should’ve bought which Ford kept under wraps. THAT’S how you royally piss off even your loyalest customers, who also are the most willing to spend the most money the most often.

I may just sit out 2018 to avoid getting double fisted in 2019.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My guess is just an appearance package. That's exactly what the last Bullitt was. Green paint, some louvers, and some torque thrust wheels and a spoiler delete. Boring.

No doubt the dealers will mark up the price as it will be single production year and special edition. No thanks, you can make your own bullitt for half the price, but will be a different color. A premium price for some bullitt badging? No thanks. I'll gladly spend the money on a PP2 which would be discounted like all the rest run of the mill mustangs since it wouldn't be a "special edition".
If it does end up just being an appearance package I'm sure it won't be much more expensive than a California Special and those have their niche of people that enjoy it and are willing to pay the premium too.

While I'd welcome some mild performance upgrades for the Bullitt, there's really no need for another performance version honestly. Performance pack enhances the GTs even more than the old Bullitt package did for the 01s and 08s. Those that wanna go beyond that get PP2. If that's not good enough, spend a few more $$ for a GT350 or 350R. A 10-speed GTPP will already out-accelerate a GT350. The only room to grow is at the top of the range with the GT500/Cobra, etc unless they kill the 350.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
If it does end up just being an appearance package I'm sure it won't be much more expensive than a California Special and those have their niche of people that enjoy it and are willing to pay the premium too.
Never understood the CalSpec which only ever seemed to be a handful of appearance items (if you like them) that precluded any of the packages and/or options which actually made a car worth buying. That’s another classic Ford product packaging hallmark.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
My guess is just an appearance package. That's exactly what the last Bullitt was. Green paint, some louvers, and some torque thrust wheels and a spoiler delete.
Not entirely correct - there were no louvers, and there were performance enhancements to the powertrain, suspension, and the exhaust tuned for sound. This also was the same for the 2001 model.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Never understood the CalSpec which only ever seemed to be a handful of appearance items (if you like them) that precluded any of the packages and/or options which actually made a car worth buying. That’s another classic Ford product packaging hallmark.
I always took the modern California Special to be a spiritual successor to the California Special of old, as well as a spiritual successor to the Grande with all the luxury items included that are different that the regular Premium trim items.

All they need to do with this Bullitt is start with a PP car, add the paint, wheels, and maybe a Ford Racing CAI and tune; ie a step between the regular PP and the PP2.

Typing with tequila is hard, I'm surprised that doesn't have more typos...

Sponsored

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Does Ford ever listen to the majority of Mustang owners because if they did they would know only a few care about the Bullitt while thousands and thousands would and prefer a Mach 1 over a Bullitt. Ford is afraid a new Mach 1 would out sell not only the GT but the GT350 or GT500

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Does Ford ever listen to the majority of Mustang owners because if they did they would know only a few care about the Bullitt while thousands and thousands would and prefer a Mach 1 over a Bullitt. Ford is afraid a new Mach 1 would out sell not only the GT but the GT350 or GT500
I'm sure if that were the case, Ford would have no problem creating a new Mach 1. Ford are in the business of making money, so they'll build what people will buy.

And who's to say the Mach 1 isn't coming? ;)

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
They'll only build a small amount and their sales were good last Bullitt. Next year for Mach 1. 50th anniversary.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Ford has released more than a few mid year models over the years. The Bullitt could be released as a 2019 and be in dealers showrooms by next June.
I see Bullitt as a mid year or late 2018 (just like the 2008 and 2001 before it) and demand will be 'so high' that we will see a full 2019 year added as well.

They sure do know how to sell cars
Sponsored