Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Hey TJ you don't happen to know the size of the JRZ rear shocks do you?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hey TJ you don't happen to know the size of the JRZ rear shocks do you?
No, I will see if we can find out, though - what line do you have?

TJ

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I just wanted to drop by and thank Steeda publicly for my custom Steeda shock mounts to fit my Airlift shocks. The entire transaction to include talking to the engineers went flawlessly. The speed and accuracy was second to none on getting a new part built. I even got a hand written and signed note after everything was done.

Thanks Steeda!

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Steeda really does have very good support from start to finish. I've only ever bought suspension stuff from them because of it. My billet mounts should be waiting on me when I get home today.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great article here from Mustang 360 to help with your purchase decision!

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1710-s550-billet-rear-shock-mount-steeda-autosports/

If you’re looking for a quick and easy modification you can do at home, take a look at Steeda’s billet shock mount for the S550 (2015-present) Ford Mustang. The rear upper shock mount is located behind the rear tires (in the wheelwell); its purpose is to connect the upper portion of the rear shock to the chassis, and Steeda’s version is a perfect upgrade if you’ve lowered your Stang or added stiff shocks.
These continue to be one of our best sellers!

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JRZ RS Sport double adjustable non coilover rear
I emailed JRZ & this is their response:

pintop we make for the OEM mount is 10mm x 1 and 30mm long
This should be the mount you are looking for - PN 555-8160: Steeda Non-Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks, Koni non-adjustable shocks, KW V3 adjustable shocks (10mm-1.0 diameter)

Best Regards,

TJ

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I emailed JRZ & this is their response:

This should be the mount you are looking for - PN 555-8160: Steeda Non-Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks, Koni non-adjustable shocks, KW V3 adjustable shocks (10mm-1.0 diameter)

Best Regards,

TJ
Perfect I'll order those here in the near future.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi TJ

Very keen on these but interested in knowing what the longevity is on a dd. Most spherical bearings I've had on DDs end up clunking after 5k miles. Is the bearing easily replaceable? If so how much is a pair?

Thanks and appreciate your advice.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hi TJ

Very keen on these but interested in knowing what the longevity is on a dd. Most spherical bearings I've had on DDs end up clunking after 5k miles. Is the bearing easily replaceable? If so how much is a pair?

Thanks and appreciate your advice.
I've been about 15K miles with 6 track days since installing them...

...so far, so good!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks wildcatgoal, good to know. Are we talking rough roads? I'm in country Australia and do my miles on not so smooth roads, lots of oscillation. Appreciate the feedback.

Steeda still keen on hearing from you on this and on whether the bearing is replaceable.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thanks wildcatgoal, good to know. Are we talking rough roads? I'm in country Australia and do my miles on not so smooth roads, lots of oscillation. Appreciate the feedback.

Steeda still keen on hearing from you on this and on whether the bearing is replaceable.
Your car already has 2 to 3 bearings per side on the suspension. Considering I live in a city with its city roads and I’m like 6-8 tack days in having these installed and thus far no issues... I think your rough roads aren’t going to be much concern. But keep in mind, whenever you add bearings in place of bushings (especially the rubber ones) you will transmit more noise/vibration/clunks sourced elsewhere in the suspension through the chassis and in turn you’re more likely to hear or feel it. Just how it is. These didn’t add any noticeable noise per say and I’ve done 13 hour one way road trips but don’t expect the rubbery-ness of the stock suspension to remain as you tighten things up, especially with the IRS on these cars.

As for if it’s teplacesble, ask [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]. He’ll know.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
On the basis of that usage and no adverse affects it'll be fine for my purposes. Even if they did need replacing by now, based on my experience with sphericals that would be a good service interval for these parts.

Yes my second question was directed at Steedatech, he's been on here since I first posted but I'll PM if I hear nothing. Just thought others might be interested.
Sponsored