Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
heh. if you could get the original 85#/in. spring back in by hand...

It's a pleasure to meet you Dr. Banner. ;)
Lol thats what they called me at my old job but it might have been my temper. No joke, it went right in. Im only 6'2 225 so not massive or anything.

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
Afterhaving the 35lb spring in for two months I took it out and put the stock back in. Not sure if it's because of the two months of muscle memory or what but the car is so much easier to drive now. Effortless clutch almost feels like an auto. Gone are the higher rpm vibes/buzz through the clutch pedal at engagement. I think for a daily driver some of you should try the switch back. I look at it like the 35lb spring was training wheels for understanding this car.
This is exactly what I experienced, I ran the Steeda spring for about 2 weeks and my car is a Daily (my only car) and after driving in heavy heavy traffic the last few days, I swapped the stock spring back in when i got home this afternoon and it is so easy and effortless driving (back in stock form), but running the steeda spring for a while shows you the exact release point of the clutch.

Sponsored

kold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
purchased the full assembly at the start of march and now its squeaking, needless to say im not very happy. Last thing i want when im driving is something squeaking, has anyone else had this issue? solutions? warranty?? idk

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
purchased the full assembly at the start of march and now its squeaking, needless to say im not very happy. Last thing i want when im driving is something squeaking, has anyone else had this issue? solutions? warranty?? idk
Put a light coat of grease on the ends of the spring, and the plunger between the two pieces, and also on the ends of the spring holder where it mounts into the car. Should cure all squeaks.

kold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Put a light coat of grease on the ends of the spring, and the plunger between the two pieces, and also on the ends of the spring holder where it mounts into the car. Should cure all squeaks.
i will have to try this out, appreciate the help

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Just got my spring in today. Was just as simple as it was in the S197. Actually it was even easier as I just did the S197 about 6 months ago.

Performs great just like it did in the S197! Really helps with clutch feel and getting rid of the "2-step" feeling in resistance. A little harder to depress but still lighter than my S197. Steeda on point yet again.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my spring in today. Was just as simple as it was in the S197. Actually it was even easier as I just did the S197 about 6 months ago.

Performs great just like it did in the S197! Really helps with clutch feel and getting rid of the "2-step" feeling in resistance. A little harder to depress but still lighter than my S197. Steeda on point yet again.
It still continues to be one of our best sellers & such a small investment with great returns!

:cheers:

TJ

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Could not live with my RST clutch without this part. Thank you Steeda!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda's Labor Day Sale still in taking place ... plenty of time to save!
Banner - Full - Mustang 2.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great install video from our partners at CJ Pony Parts!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]UnhbNu1Qne8[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored