Sponsored

Illinois-Chicago

kevg73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You'll save a lot of money on tires if you go down to 18" wheels, but then you have to buy the wheels too of course. Go for a set of 235/50-18 winter tires on 18x8 wheels. Total comes out ~$1300 on tire rack if you get decent tires.
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
You'll save a lot of money on tires if you go down to 18" wheels, but then you have to buy the wheels too of course. Go for a set of 235/50-18 winter tires on 18x8 wheels. Total comes out ~$1300 on tire rack if you get decent tires.

Yah I will be getting 18" for winter assuming they clear the calibers on the performance package which I assume they will.

I figure I have 6 week at least to place an order from tire rack before the car gets built so I will keep an eye out for their holiday specials and see if I can get that cost down to $1100-$1000.

Also...I am on the fence with the recaro seats. Anyone else get them that daily drives 60+ miles a day? My normal commute is 80 miles round trip and I am worried about back pain as there are no adjustments for lumber in the recaros. But for $1500 under xplan it's a hard deal to pass up and would be awesome for autox

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Congrats to both of you on the new Mustang Orders! After the order is placed its all a waiting game and what makes it worse is that damn Ford cotus page that I check several times a day for updates to the order for No reason at all!!

As far are Winter wheels Ecoboost PP uses the stock brakes from the GT so any 18" wheel that fits a GT should work on the Ecoboost with the PP.

My winter car will be my Z28 at least for this year and driving the the Stock 19's for the summer on the EB. Next winter will be some 18's on the EB for the winter and probably sell the stock 19's and next summer get a set of nice aftermarket wheels.

I chose not to do the Recaros for my car. I've only ever found race seats comfortable for actual racing with a proper harness to keep you snug in the seat.

We will have to plan a Meetup at some point!

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
Can't wait for summer guys. We should all plan a cruise on down to route 66 and go racing :)
20141102_113558 - Copy.jpg
20141101_193057 - Copy.jpg
20141101_110054 - Copy.jpg

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone here have the Recaro seats? I have sat in the ST ones and assuming they are pretty close .I do like them but I REALLY need to make up my mind on that and pick between Silver and Magnetic! Went to the dealer today ready to order but I found that Golf Mill ford gave me better % rate and better deal than X plan so I am signing on Friday.

2 things I have to make up my mind on in the next 36 hours
Recaros and color of car

I dont 1/4 mile my car but I autox

Sponsored

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never sat in recaros but my car is a my daily so i went with the stockers and I can always buy an individual revert set racing seat for racing. I've never autox or 1/4 mile a car so I want to try both and need someone to show me the ropes

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mikey I run autox with Windy City BMW. A great group of guys, not your typical BMW douche bags :) we race at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. My neighbor is also on the board of PCA (Porsche Club) and I will be autoxing with them in the little pony next year as well.

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you are willing to show a guy the ropes I'll come on out to an event.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can walk you through the basics but can't ride with you as I am not an instructor. All the instructors there are free and VERY helpful. Hit me up mid April when season begins :)

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order completed. Dealer says order will go in Monday morning

2015 Ecoboost
Performance package
Recaro seats
Ingot silver
Manual transmission

CANT WAIT!!!

rktsnk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Damn, I originally planned on waiting to get through the winter before ordering my '15 GT, but with all this talk, it's making it really hard to wait. :( Must...resist...I have a winter beater so wouldn't drive it much during the winter anyway. Sigh

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
It doesn't snow everyday :) You can get some really cool shots of the car with dry streets, but snow in the background!!

Also, it's taking most of us up to 3 months to get our cars. Not sure when Ford will stop taking orders, but if you walk into a dealership in April or May, your choices/options may be limited to whatever they have available versus picking out your own options.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't snow everyday :) You can get some really cool shots of the car with dry streets, but snow in the background!!

Also, it's taking most of us up to 3 months to get our cars. Not sure when Ford will stop taking orders, but if you walk into a dealership in April or May, your choices/options may be limited to whatever they have available versus picking out your own options.
This is why I ordered mine also...get exactly what you want and either buy some winter wheels/tires or let it sit in the garage until spring. I don't want to have to try and get luck to get one with the options I wanted in May/June when everyone else is trying to get them also

However I just found the exact model I ordered but in magnetic instead of silver on the Ford extended inventory list. Left a message for my dealer, so if he can transport it and it won't cost much I may have a new car next week or so :)

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Cool! They probably won't charge you extra to ship it over....but if it's in driving territory, they might drive it!!! I would ask how they plan to get it over.
Sponsored