Yeah I did a look but not a search, Ill do a search... sorry man

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
It's already started!

You're going to have people with bad information who who will assume 2015 and 2016 is no good. For the record the 2015/16 TECH PACK is the car affected - these are non track editions that most of us knew not to touch. Apparently there are new track enthusiasts who are just learning that cooling is essential to track use.

2016 GT350 Track Pack and GT350R has the standard cooling you don't have to buy a 2017 but yes 2017 those options are standard.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
That article makes no mention that this is just for 2016 "base" and "tech pack" cars....

Gonna see lots of articles like that, painting all GT350s with the stink of this from here on out. Get ready to explain to people when you encounter them on the street.

Sheesh... thanks Diana.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've already seen one news site I think "Carbuzz.com" asking for feedback from owners - I've got pictures and videos of all the amazing track days I had I plan on sharing with all news organizations.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That's the problem with this type of viral class action news..... many, naively, will assume or expand it out of context.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
People who did not tick the "track pack" option box are suing Ford because they can't drive their cars on track? That is what the track pack was for since it includes the necessary coolers. If you purchased a non track pack GT350 and want to drive on track, why not sell the non track pack car and buy a track pack car?

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the problem with this type of viral class action news..... many, naively, will assume or expand it out of context.
Yup! Just like the Porsche IMS - my independent who also deals in high end sports cars told me he gets calls from all kinds of people wanting to buy 930 Turbo or a 993 and they ask "Is the IMS ok?"

Out of the thousands of Porsches he has serviced he has seen a total of 3 IMS failures in his lifetime.

:facepalm:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
double post

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
REMEMBER, there are Base and Tech owners who go into limp mode WHEN NOT ON THE TRACK. I think that is a big deal, and no amount of box checking would have saved them.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ahhh crap, I wanted to get a '17 but just saw this...

http://www.thedrive.com/news/8565/s...-their-track-ready-mustangs-overheat-too-fast

Anyone experience this?
Every time I see a version of this question posted as a "new topic", I can't help but conclude that there are way more owners that are unaware of this issue, than those that do know about it. Without knowing actual numbers, my guess is that fewer than 5% of all GT350 owners are a member of this forum or any Shelby GT350 forum. Therefore, they would have had no opportunity to gain the total enlightenment that we few blessed base-techies now enjoy. We may need to use the VIN search tool to get the names of all the original owners and track them down. Else, I won't hold my breath waiting for a Track Pack trans. and an FP aftermarket diff. cooler to land on my doorstep any time in this decade. But I do enjoy a good class action.

:barf:
Sponsored