Reverse lockout pull up collar broke

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The crappy plastic pull-up collar that attaches to the reverse lockout just snapped off while trying to put my car in reverse. I pulled it up as normal and heard a snap. Luckily I didn't assume I was in reverse and run myself into the brick wall right in front of me. Quite disappointed in ford on this one.

Looks like I'm going aftermarket. Does the steeda collar work on the factory height shifter or just their tri-axis?

I'm think that way or just pulling the whole unit and going with an MGW or steeda full shift assembly no instead of later.
Sponsored

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
The same exact thing happened to me pulling into Cars and Coffee. Check out Barton. I was able to get a new billet collar for under $40.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The crappy plastic pull-up collar that attaches to the reverse lockout just snapped off while trying to put my car in reverse. I pulled it up as normal and heard a snap. Luckily I didn't assume I was in reverse and run myself into the brick wall right in front of me. Quite disappointed in ford on this one.

Looks like I'm going aftermarket. Does the steeda collar work on the factory height shifter or just their tri-axis?

I'm think that way or just pulling the whole unit and going with an MGW or steeda full shift assembly no instead of later.
It works on both, happy to extend a discount to you that will put you around a similar price for the Barton, private message sent.

Best Regards,

TJ

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It works on both, happy to extend a discount to you that will put you around a similar price for the Barton, private message sent.

Best Regards,

TJ
That's a great value! I hope that TJ can set you up!

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback

Best Regards,

TJ
Just placed my order! I plan to just do the collar for now and then upgrade to the full shifter assembly maybe next summer.

In the meantime it is a PAIN to shift in reverse lol

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a plan!

What part of Michigan are you in? We have a lot of support in that area with our Performance Vehicle Program & great partners located throughout.

Here is Steeda representing at the Woodward Dream Cruise:

woodward-2.jpg

TJ

OP
OP
P4RKER

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Metro detroit area. I usually hit up the dream cruise but haven't seen the steeda display, I'll have to check it out this year.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We're around :)

Mustang 5.0 did a nice article & photo shoot of the Steeda Wide Body at the little airport downriver:

steeda-widebody-mustang-03.jpg

Steeda thanks you for your support & running Steeda parts downriver!

TJ

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Yikes! The MGW guy warns about this in their video. I won't ever complain about the push-down lockout again. Actually I've gotten used to it nicely.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Mine started falling apart a couple months ago and then snapped a week later. I ordered the Barton lockout and some JPM boots since I would be doing the same steps anyway and went to town. I'm really happy with the Barton. It feels smoother than OEM due to the o-rings in it. I think steeda has o-rings in it too.
Sponsored