Sponsored

Funny Mustang Stories

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
someone asked me if my car was the v6 turbo or the v8 turbo.

he was so confused that it started confusing me lol.
Sponsored

BurnsS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP Premium
I'll bite.

My car at the time was the only 5.0 Magnetic within like a 75 mile radius (I searched online and drove most of it) and it drew a lot of attention before I actually closed the deal. Anyway, I'm at the dealership in finance signing paperwork and I can see my car in like a "delivery" breezeway type of thing in the front of the dealership. I see some folks walking around checking it out, no big deal. then I see the passenger door open, young girl still just checking it out. I nudge my wife and tell her to look. The finance guy is involved now too. So the drivers' door opens and boyfriend motions for them to get in. As soon as they close the doors, I op the trunk, lock the doors and set the panic alarm off. They got out and ran 100ft before they looked back. The finance guy, my wife and I all had a good laugh about it.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll bite.

My car at the time was the only 5.0 Magnetic within like a 75 mile radius (I searched online and drove most of it) and it drew a lot of attention before I actually closed the deal. Anyway, I'm at the dealership in finance signing paperwork and I can see my car in like a "delivery" breezeway type of thing in the front of the dealership. I see some folks walking around checking it out, no big deal. then I see the passenger door open, young girl still just checking it out. I nudge my wife and tell her to look. The finance guy is involved now too. So the drivers' door opens and boyfriend motions for them to get in. As soon as they close the doors, I op the trunk, lock the doors and set the panic alarm off. They got out and ran 100ft before they looked back. The finance guy, my wife and I all had a good laugh about it.
LOL :lol:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was driving home today from work and at a 2 way stop, someone stopped but just went through and cut me off and didn't look at nonstopped traffic. I of course lit my horn up and kinda got ragey so I flipped him off. Of course there was a cop behind me...I kept going, no cherries and berries. Next intersection...no lights. Next one...no lights.

The officer pulled up next to me at the last intersection of the street and shakes his head and says "how could he not see you?!"

I'm in a fawking race red impact blue striped GT350. No clue, officer, not a damn clue.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
A couple of months ago I had to run to Autozone for some brake cleaner.

I'm flying along generally driving like an asshat, which I'm prone to do if traffic is light and the cool weather is making the GT feel punchy. After a short triple digit shot I exit and pull in to Autozone. Get my brake cleaner and flashlight then check out. When I walk outside I see this huge jacked up pickup truck is parked behind my car blocking me in the space. As I walk up the passenger window rolls down and this beefy guy with a bandana asks me "hey, is this your car?"

So now I figure, here we go. I passed this guy on the highway and he's going to give me some road side discipline or call his brother in law who's a cop so I say, "yeah, why?" He says, "Love your car, I just got one like it and want to get it lowered like that"

Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Was in my brand new 07 Redfire GT vert stopped at a light with the top down when a Harley Davidson pulls up next to me. I look over and it is the quintessential Hells Angels type of guy. Early 60's, big grey beard, tatted everywhere and looks like one mean mother **ucker. He says to me in this really gruff low voice, "That your car?". I replied, "Yes." He says, "Pretty color". I laughed my ass off. Something about this brute of a dude saying "pretty color" just struck me as funny. Guess you had to be there. :shrug:

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
A former co-worker who has always been one of those "Keeping up with the Joneses" type harangued me shortly after I got mine. My car was sitting in the parking lot at work so he came into work to bug me. After asking me a bunch of inane questions he finally asks: "So, is it the Ecoboost GT or the V8 GT?"

I replied that the GT is V8 only. He replied to the contrary and before he could spout off any BS that I had no time for, I threw him for a loop and said "Dude, it's like the old Packard advertisements.... ask the man who owns one."

That shut him up.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
We were on our way up the M6 for a week long tour of the Highlands and were filling up with petrol at the services around the Lake District and a bunch of bikers pulled up and we got the usual attention to admire and talk about the Mustang when there were probably only few hundred in the country at the time. One of the bikers joked that we didn't have a rear number plate and I thought he was joking but actually he wasn't and it must have fallen off on the motorway (that was the funny bit).

I didn't fancy a week of driving around Scotland without a number plate so I called Halfords in Kendal but they won't make up a plate without the V5C and it was a 500 mile round trip to get it from home and continue with out holiday but then I remembered that I scan all my documents and store them in the Cloud so they were able to accept viewing the scan on my phone (that was the cool bit).

We then had a beautiful spirited drive hooning down the Shap pass to Kendal to get the plate made up before closing (that was the fun bit).

Did any of that make sense? :)

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Another 'funny' story - I took my car in for service, and for shits and giggles checked my dashcam after getting it back. The cam caught two service techs discussing taking my car out and 'blowing it up', until one of them notices and points out the cam to the other. Funny!
Not sure I wouldn't find that "funny" if it was my car. :p

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Not sure I wouldn't find that "funny" if it was my car. :p
When I worked at a foreign automotive shop the regular techs never drove the cars. One of the senior techs would take it out then give us a task to fix it. And if the car was over a certain value only our Senior service tech was allowed to drive it. But Jay Strauss was a old nazi so that may have been why.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
was facing the opposite direction at an intersection this morning looking at an s197, i noticed a little flash went off inside his cabin as the light turned green. flashed him to say whats up with my lights. first time i noticed someone take a pic of my car. was kinda funny to me

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Another 'funny' story - I took my car in for service, and for shits and giggles checked my dashcam after getting it back. The cam caught two service techs discussing taking my car out and 'blowing it up', until one of them notices and points out the cam to the other. Funny!
Oh! That reminds me of when I popped by the local Ford Dealer for a paint touch-up pen, an oil filter and some lug nuts for my Mustang.

Upon walking in, one of the SALESMEN looks at me and says: "Wow! That car is in great shape for a 2005!"

I looked at him and asked if he sold many Mustangs. He replied that he had sold many. I told him to go back to school because that's a 2016 and he doesn't seem to know much about what he sells.

The guy standing next to him nearly died laughing.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I visit my local dealership's and the sales staff can't hold a conversation with me as I ask questions they can't comprehend let alone answer.
Sponsored