Sponsored

Whipple Cobra Jet Intake

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I've had a few requests for additional pictures and info on the Cobra Jet Intake with the Whipple. I know of one other member [MENTION=18778]15orange5.0[/MENTION] on here and would like to give him credit for being the first to tackle this project.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

In order to run the CJ, the stock Whipple tank needs to be relocated. I chose to upgrade to the Watson Ice box. I was able to use the stock Whipple hoses, rerouted and two of them joined. I kept the Whipple pump in the existing location, just strapped it to the subframe with a hose clamp.

picture.jpg

The Watson tank does not come with any fittings. I used .500 Pipe thread to -12an Nipple. I used one strait and one 90 degree. Used a 1/2" nipple to 1/2" nipple (pretty sure) to make the joint in the two hoses. I did not take pics of the placement of the hoses. Sorry.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

In order to run the ice box, the battery needs to be relocated. I used parts from the UPR 76-2014 battery relocation kit. Just the wire and the battery tie down actually.

picture.jpg

I stole the idea for the battery location from another member on here, Sorry boss don't remember your name, But thanks!!!:cheers:

So I am seeing around 15-20 degrees over ambient on temp, short pulls have no affect on my temp. I have not run ice in the tank yet nor have I been in heavy traffic. Light stop and go I see up to 109F regardless if it is 60 or 75 ambient. I did see 123 or 124 one time setting in the car waiting on a buddy for 10 or so min. I will have better results on full pulls after my runway event end of April. I will be running ice for that.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Very nice!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That blue whipple and valve covers look on point! Cobra jet intake looks a little cheap as far as finish, if you could give it a smooth flat black finish(or similar to the whipple TB) that whole engine bay would look very clean.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So is getting a cobra jet Intake like that just chance, or do they actually sell them?

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
i believe that intake amd icebox can be found at watsonracing.com

also x2 on the blue whipple with blue coil covers. i did want yellow but already have blue coil covers soooooo?

Awesome info and how do you like the icebox?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is getting a cobra jet Intake like that just chance, or do they actually sell them?
Intake is Ford racing product. I got it all from [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] Hypermotive.

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i believe that intake amd icebox can be found at watsonracing.com

also x2 on the blue whipple with blue coil covers. i did want yellow but already have blue coil covers soooooo?

Awesome info and how do you like the icebox?
Defiantly helps. Need to try it with ice. Sounds like you may be getting the Ford blue Whipple?

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
So torn between the paxton or whipple but i sure do like the blue setup with the cobra jet intake and icebox. That setup looks great and has the factory appeal to it too.

Just hit active duty orders for my 6th deployment so boost willl be coming very soon. Boost is 2nd priority once i buy my baby a new set of tires. Right now my poor 5.0's got some nokian snow shoes on. After the michelin pilot sports are on all funds after go for go fast parts.

Any idea what kind of numbers your making on e85? Living in North Dakota (hence the reason its currently on snow tires) id like to swing for 700 on pump and 800 on e85.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Jesus man...this is one of the most powerful whipple builds on this site! Where have you been with this? I've only seen you around here lately, but thanks for sharing. Are you running this kind of power on a stock motor:eyebulge:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from the baby blue and the Cobra Jet logo on the intake, what is the difference between this and the standard Whipple S550 kits?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So torn between the paxton or whipple but i sure do like the blue setup with the cobra jet intake and icebox. That setup looks great and has the factory appeal to it too.

Just hit active duty orders for my 6th deployment so boost willl be coming very soon. Boost is 2nd priority once i buy my baby a new set of tires. Right now my poor 5.0's got some nokian snow shoes on. After the michelin pilot sports are on all funds after go for go fast parts.

Any idea what kind of numbers your making on e85? Living in North Dakota (hence the reason its currently on snow tires) id like to swing for 700 on pump and 800 on e85.
My street 93 at 12ish psi made 701/570. Lund said he could add 4 more degrees of timing if I wanted. But I'm good with a safe 701 sreet tune lol. I'm still working on my high boost tune, melted the RST clutch Friday at the track. Best guess is high 800's maybe 9 with enough timing.

700-800 is very doable.

Jesus man...this is one of the most powerful whipple builds on this site! Where have you been with this? I've only seen you around here lately, but thanks for sharing. Are you running this kind of power on a stock motor:eyebulge:
Lol thanks. I spent most of the first year on this site reading and learning everything I could!

Stock motor - opg and cg. Actually only other stock drivetrain part is my diff. Still trying to decide who is going to build my 5.2 short block.

Aside from the baby blue and the Cobra Jet logo on the intake, what is the difference between this and the standard Whipple S550 kits?
Ice tank, Fore fuel system, 10-rib and 3.0 pulley. Everything else is stock Whipple stage 2.

Made 677/550 with stock stage two race 93 tune on a mustang dyno.

Ps, it's FORD BLUE! Haha

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you mind sharing the fuel system info? Nice build
Fore triple hat with only two pumps, -10 feed -8 return. Still on ID 1000's. I'll upgrade the injectors and third pump when I build the motor. I also have the Lund boost+ box with a fuel pressure sensor wired to it. So I can monitor boost and fuel pressure on the NGauge.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Fore triple hat with only two pumps, -10 feed -8 return. Still on ID 1000's. I'll upgrade the injectors and third pump when I build the motor. I also have the Lund boost+ box with a fuel pressure sensor wired to it. So I can monitor boost and fuel pressure on the NGauge.

AHH that what I see tied to the regulator thank you!

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AHH that what I see tied to the regulator thank you!
No sir not the pressure sensor. It's over by the fuel rail. I used the stock Whipple rails and crossovers.

Are you referring to the 3 different hoses? Supply from tank, return to tank and feed to fuel rails. Then Fore analog pressure gauge and boost/vac port.
Sponsored