Sponsored

OTD Price check... pull trigger or be patient?

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
The best deals I've seen with Koons on new cars are 15% off MSRP before destination fee.
After you calculate the discount add destination, tax, tag & title.
Done.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Like I said you can try, but don't be disappointed if they won't move anymore.
I sent the dealer an offer for his price if he can include a vanity plate, weathertech mats for the front/rear/trunk, and a full size spare.

We'll see what happens.

-Emt1581

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Pretty sure the Ford spare doesn't work with the performance pack cars

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ur correct can't get a spare

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ur correct can't get a spare
Sure you can....I specified a FULL SIZED spare. :thumbsup:

However, that's correct that the normal spare won't work. Won't clear the caliper. What I need to find out to be able to double check against the dealer is what the specific rim and tire size would be to clear all 4 calipers and fit properly.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from the dealer. He agreed to all of my requests!!....kinda.

He said he could do the vanity plate and spare but that he couldn't do weathertech mats but would get me Ford all weather mats (not sure what those are) to do the same thing.

I'm very happy with that outcome so long as he puts it in writing in the paperwork. If all goes well, I'll buy the car.

-Emt1581

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My guess is the dealer says no to each of those lol there not hurting to sell them lol but good luck ;) I wouldn't lose that deal over 300 or so bucks

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is the dealer says no to each of those lol there not hurting to sell them lol but good luck ;) I wouldn't lose that deal over 300 or so bucks
Read my last post. :gossip:

-Emt1581

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
The Ford mats are decent but not weather tech quality. They are a softer rubber. I haven't had any issues with mine though.

You need a 19" rim to clear the front calipers. The factory ford spare is 18x5 and as far as I know is the only factory option available.

From what I've read, anything other than the Ford spare won't sit well in the spare tire well. A rim large enough to clear the brembos will be too tall and pop up the trunk mat a couple inches.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford mats are decent but not weather tech quality. They are a softer rubber. I haven't had any issues with mine though.

You need a 19" rim to clear the front calipers. The factory ford spare is 18x5 and as far as I know is the only factory option available.

From what I've read, anything other than the Ford spare won't sit well in the spare tire well. A rim large enough to clear the brembos will be too tall and pop up the trunk mat a couple inches.
My guess is he'll use the cheapest steelie he can find which is fine by me so long as it functions as it should and doesn't screw up the diff.

As for it fitting in the wheel well, that's okay. Not sure if I'll keep it in the trunk with a jack at all times or just on road trips. I just want to make sure I have it so I can swap it out and keep driving within the day instead of waiting for a dealer to order one, install it, etc. I'm not salaried so every hour I miss of work is money lost.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored