Sponsored

Lightning blue instead of Magnetic?...owners come on in

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Since I started wanting an S550 I always thought that the Magnetic was the sharpest color. Gunmetal gray! I'm an avid gun collector so maybe that's why it called to me.

However, recently the Lightning Blue has caught my eye. I do think it looks sharp and somewhat better when contrasted against the black PP wheels and red tail lights than the Magnetic. Looks sportier while the Magnetic looks tougher/meaner if that makes sense.

I've negotiated a price with a dealer, however he only has a black and a lightning blue in stock with the PP.

Black is out. Too hard to keep clean and when contrast against the black PP wheels it just doesn't do anything for me. However, the Lightning Blue...it is growing on me as a possible winner.

A few questions...

First and foremost...how easy is it to keep clean and what does dirt look like? Feel free to share dirty pics...would be appreciated! Second, does it ever look purple in certain lighting? Online, looking at pics it looks like it might shine that way at times. Have you seen it? Any other pros or cons to the Lightning Blue/Performance Pack coloring?

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you basing your choice on dealer stock?
Order your own with the options you want.
Sure it will take a few months, but you will get exactly what you want.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Why are you basing your choice on dealer stock?
Order your own with the options you want.
Sure it will take a few months, but you will get exactly what you want.
...and not be able to use pretty much all of the rebates.

If I'm mistaken, someone please point it out. But all of the rebates I've seen say something along the lines of "must purchase from dealer's stock by..."

I'll be using private cash, owner loyalty, first responder, and then whatever regional incentives there are (currently $1500).

-Emt1581

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
The color shift is real. Depending on lighting, you will see different shades even getting close to purple. I will say that dirt does show a little more than the magnetic...I know this for two reasons; 1. I had to go back to the dealer so they could give me my radar detector wiring and there was a used magnetic with black wheels...for a split second I was like damn that looks good, then looked at my new LB stang and I was like, I'm good...2. the car I traded in for the LB was a '14 sterling gray metallic track pack GT and it could be dirty and still look pretty good. I haven't let my LB get super dirty yet, but one week and the pollen and dust were visible, especially when sitting behind the wheel looking out over the hood...however, walking up to it, I didn't notice it too much at all. Pics of mine are in the LB thread and I will add a couple more pics in a few days of the tint and black lugs.
I got all those discounts except mine was 2500, but I don't get the first responder discount. I will say I got a little lucky as far as stock goes...another dealer looked for me and there was not one single one like mine anywhere near us.(I thought same as you, plus I really didn't have cash to slap down as a deposit).

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I special ordered mine in Lightning Blue right as the dealer's first V6 Lightning Blue hit the lot. Its a great color. I think it looks like an exotic blue metallic... like a Ferrari blue. I had Deep Impact Blue, and while I like it. LB is so much better.

DIB looked purplish at night or in certain (dark) lights.
LB looks great in any light, but really pops in bright light.

picture.jpg

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I ordered and got my car in in 5 weeks. That would be after the end of the month when the current rebates end.

Who knows what's coming next, more or less $$$?

Have your dealer look around. They can trade with other dealers and the transport cost is usually pretty low.

Good luck. Love to see another LB on the forum. We are lacking in the pictures section :-/

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
You ask so many questions that seem to be based on what other people think or like rather than yourself. The description of what you drive seems to be very true here on the forum based on questions. Get what you like and want not what other people think or want or like or you won't be happy with your purchase.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I have a Guard which is similar to Magnetic in low light. How dirty the car looks is gonna depend on how OCD you are. I can see all of the dust/dirt/water spots on my car but to other people it probably looks great.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
We are lacking in the pictures section :-/
That will change when my black lugs come in...heck, I may snap a pic when I get home from work with the new tint...and it has a couple days of rain on it so OP might get an idea of what partially dirty is.

Sponsored

H44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium DIB
I had similar dilemma! I'm ordering a mustang in a month and I could not decide on a color for the life of me. It was between LB and magnetic. You really have to think how much you're going to like the color in the long run and if the color fits your personality. I always say your car is an extension of your personality, so make sure that's the case for you! I finally chose to go with magnetic as it looks sharp, doesn't get too much attention (police), and it fits my personality and needs perfectly. Although I really did love how lightning blue looked, I feel like I would eventually get kind of tired of such a bright color after a while, but that's just me. I say never settle for a car in a certain color or configuration if you don't love it 100% (unless you really wish to save money).

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Lb is very...nice... but magnetic to me is #1
20160413_212440-picsay.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
And to each their own, jk...I had a SGM '14...felt like urban camo, lol...and I did like that color a lot, but when I saw this color, I was sold (probably doesn't help that I'm a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, lol)...just took these...car is a little dirty after being in the rain monday and tuesday...got the tint monday, black lugs should be here by the weekend...
2i7ofg1.jpg

a45s3.jpg

2ewpsmd.jpg

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Color shift is awesome, unfortunately you can see even the smallest bit of dirt on it.
Stang2-small.jpg

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
I think Magnetic would look great with chrome badges and nickel wheels.
Sponsored