Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 or Whipple Stage 2

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I shopped around and got my HO kit real cheap ..I mean REAL cheap .. But added 1d1000 injectors and a twin pumps for E85 ..A good custom tune added to that price also .. But the out come was worth it seeing that I'm quicker than some of the more costly kits ..I can't stress this point any harder .... You have shop around to get a great price but it was worth all the time spent doing it ..
What's your setup

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Its all about how and when you want your power delivered.

If you can answer that question then the decision should be pretty simple between those two. We chose Procharger, due to the unmatched streetability and ease of install. The Procharger pricing is also hard to beat for what you get in the complete system.

If anyone has any other questions or needs pricing, please feel free to PM me.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
What's your setup
Procharger Ho Kit , id1000 injectors , Sail Li twin pumps , 3.50 pulley , Mak big tube intake and filter ..Mak cat deletes ..

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The pro charger kit will be the best option for me this way i can keep my gt-350 intake and t.b. The dedicated belt, easy return to stock if necessary. And the new p1x is designed to compliment my 7700 rpm redline with more efficiency. Ease of install is a plus, its the best kit for my set up!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The pro charger kit will be the best option for me this way i can keep my gt-350 intake and t.b. The dedicated belt, easy return to stock if necessary. And the new p1x is designed to compliment my 7700 rpm redline with more efficiency. Ease of install is a plus, its the best kit for my set up!
:headbang:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Right on, Right ON. :)

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Like I said OP, you can get 15% off a Whipple kit right now. That puts a stage 2 kit to your doorstep for under 7k:thumbsup:
How? Is there a coupon code or something I would need to enter in?

John

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
After alot of researching and heavily considering Whipple, I decided to go with a Stg 2 Procharger for my upcoming build.

Cost wasnt really an issue, my Procharger with tune, tuner, BAP, and all the rest is going to be just under $8k. I'm going with Procharger for the lower IATs, which IMO makes it "safer" boost. I sit in traffic alot too, so I was worried about heat soak and high IATs. I also like the dedicated drive belt, and the fact that the power comes on a bit smoother. This will make it easier to keep traction on the street as it is my DD year round.

That being said, I do love that Whipple whine and wish I could have it! But the Procharger whine is pretty sweet too. I also plan on adding a wastegate later on, which will give a big boost in mid-range power. It will make a Procharger feel a bit more in your face like a Whipple, but still with ice cold IATs.

Either kit you go with is gonna be great, it really just comes down to personal preference. Procharger just ticked my own personal preferences more than the other options.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
After alot of researching and heavily considering Whipple, I decided to go with a Stg 2 Procharger for my upcoming build.

Cost wasnt really an issue, my Procharger with tune, tuner, BAP, and all the rest is going to be just under $8k. I'm going with Procharger for the lower IATs, which IMO makes it "safer" boost. I sit in traffic alot too, so I was worried about heat soak and high IATs. I also like the dedicated drive belt, and the fact that the power comes on a bit smoother. This will make it easier to keep traction on the street as it is my DD year round.

That being said, I do love that Whipple whine and wish I could have it! But the Procharger whine is pretty sweet too. I also plan on adding a wastegate later on, which will give a big boost in mid-range power. It will make a Procharger feel a bit more in your face like a Whipple, but still with ice cold IATs.

Either kit you go with is gonna be great, it really just comes down to personal preference. Procharger just ticked my own personal preferences more than the other options.
Shop around, close to 8k seems high. Don't let the "boost by rpm" fool you. Get on it in 1st or 2nd and it's a slap to the face.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt

Your sentiments echo mine pretty well exactly if I decide to go FI in the future ... and no blown Procharged engines helps too. Please post up more once you're done.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
One thing that needs to be hammered home is the concept that a Whipple (or any PD or roots setup) is ALWAYS instant power as soon as you nail the gas. That is not true, the PCMs in these cars can EASILY dial back power with a solid tune, very simple to do, the flash tool from Whipple has the feature built in, albeit a bit overly simplistic I believe with one power setting for all rpm whereas a full tune can specify by rpm in each gear.

I just want to point that out, went through the same head slamming exercise for 8 months with the hemi guys running a whipple once the tuning software was released, finally was able to show the tuning I had done when I went to the track tuned to limit power the first 3k rpms on launch on my 760wtq whipple setup, and I flat footed the car at the lights, 1.400 sixty foot on an 18" tire setup, 4400lb car, and let the computer go to work.

I would rather have all the power AVAILABLE to me and limit it with a tune than have a blower that just cannot make the power I want. In a roll race on the street with the right tire you can certainly use 100% of what the Whipple can put out and will pull on an equivalent whp PC quite nicely.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
One thing that needs to be hammered home is the concept that a Whipple (or any PD or roots setup) is ALWAYS instant power as soon as you nail the gas. That is not true, the PCMs in these cars can EASILY dial back power with a solid tune, very simple to do, the flash tool from Whipple has the feature built in, albeit a bit overly simplistic I believe with one power setting for all rpm whereas a full tune can specify by rpm in each gear.

I just want to point that out, went through the same head slamming exercise for 8 months with the hemi guys running a whipple once the tuning software was released, finally was able to show the tuning I had done when I went to the track tuned to limit power the first 3k rpms on launch on my 760wtq whipple setup, and I flat footed the car at the lights, 1.400 sixty foot on an 18" tire setup, 4400lb car, and let the computer go to work.

I would rather have all the power AVAILABLE to me and limit it with a tune than have a blower that just cannot make the power I want. In a roll race on the street with the right tire you can certainly use 100% of what the Whipple can put out and will pull on an equivalent whp PC quite nicely.
Very well said and too bad Whipple doesn't offer the option by RPM on their Flight Control software but as you said a good road tune should nail it down so you're not spinning needlessly.
Sponsored