OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
I'm not trying to be that guy but can you explain to us why we should pay 3 times more for your tune than the other tunes?
If you research our name you will see that we come with the best possible reputation and Jim is among the best in the business when it comes to tuning and building motors. Many tuners may alter parameters to give you the absolute most hp but compromise integrity or put more stress on the motor than is needed. Jim maintains his good reputation by making tunes that give great power gains, great fuel gains, are still safe and maintain the best driveability possible. There is a reason some companies offer free tunes and a reason that quality companies charge more for their products, you always get what you pay for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im not going to start at battle between companies and knock others product. MPT offers great tunes at a great price. We have been in the ford business for over 20 years and Jim knows how to unlock the full potential of any ford motor. We will also tune custom set ups such as turbo and supercharged applications. I can't say that our tune will be 5 times as good as MPT but i can say that it will be at a minimum comparable in every single aspect. We know how to make a motor powerful and keep it healthy. Its why we have been around for as long as we have, why we have set so many records, and why we have such a big following. Im not sure where other tuning companies stack up in the nmra and nhra world, but if you look into those drag racing records JDM is all over it!

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I have a Procharger and have a couple questions. The current canned tune from Procharger on the SCT is very good but it is doesn't allow for any changes to be made. Procharger tells me it is unlocked so that a SCT tuner can modify it. I would like to be able to modify the idle (raise 100 RPM) and remove the speed limiter, which the stock SCT tuner allows, but the Procharger tune doesn't allow. Can you enable these for me to be able to modify? If so would I need to pay the same $385?

OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Procharger and have a couple questions. The current canned tune from Procharger on the SCT is very good but it is doesn't allow for any changes to be made. Procharger tells me it is unlocked so that a SCT tuner can modify it. I would like to be able to modify the idle (raise 100 RPM) and remove the speed limiter, which the stock SCT tuner allows, but the Procharger tune doesn't allow. Can you enable these for me to be able to modify? If so would I need to pay the same $385?
Have you had your car on the dyno yet to see what she is making? I can speak with Jim and see what he would charge and if he would be willing to just alter their tune. When Jim tuned my procharged 3.7 it put out some great power and rode like stock so one of our procharger tunes might be worth it for you as well.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
so what make you better than MPT that is the king of the hill right now for the 3.7 motors ? what do you bring to the table that they do not have ?
Please do not bring this into the v6 community (especially in JDM's own thread). Not everyone is all about MPT. Lets embrace the fact there's this wonderful thing called options. :cheers:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Please do not bring this into the v6 community (especially in JDM's own thread). Not everyone is all about MPT. Lets embrace the fact there's this wonderful thing called options. :cheers:
I was not trying to bring anything in I was just wondering what set them apart from the others, that's all , before they put thier hat in the ring I looked at the V6 tuners that were out there and went with the one that I felt was the best and safest for our cars, BTW this tune was the very first tune that I ever put on any of my cars I have never done this at all so I am sorry if I stepped on some ones toes it was just a question that's all

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
[MENTION=28643]Phil@JDM[/MENTION]
Have you guys seen SuperSixMotorsports' EcoBoost TT Adapter kit for the 3.7? Is that something you guys can work with? I plan to go FI around the end of the year and this is the route I am most likely going.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28643]Phil@JDM[/MENTION]
Have you guys seen SuperSixMotorsports' EcoBoost TT Adapter kit for the 3.7? Is that something you guys can work with? I plan to go FI around the end of the year and this is the route I am most likely going.
Something like that we would definitely need to do in house on the dyno at least for the first one before we send out E-tunes.