Sponsored

2015 xpipe or hpipe?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I think the h-pipe soud just won me over. I ordered an h-pipe from cjponyparts. I'm going to see how it turns out with the stock gt exhaust.
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Jburgess, says you have lethal h...as in catless?

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
SO the lethal h will slide in to the stock carted down pipes ? You don't have to use the down pipes that come with it ?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Oh if anyone is looking for an x-pipe just pm me, I have a Sr x-pipe never used just sitting in my dad's garage. It is the one that AM sells for about $120-ish.

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i was on the verge of buying an h pipe but then was told it will delete the cats? i just want to get rid of the resonator and stainless steel h pipe

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I have a magnaflow catback with x-pipe.... loud as hell, but not obnoxious. Drone is very very minimum and can only be heard when you step on it hard. Wouldnt trade the sound for anything!

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The only stainless steel h-pipe I've seen is the MRT h-pipe at cjponyparts. I'm not sure of the pipe diameter so I'd ask them first or maybe get a custom one done by a muffler shop.

Sponsored

briana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
hey guys!

I have a roush axle back. For me, real struggle is just beginning. I would like it a little louder and deeper sound but not too raspy. I thought about an Sr x pipe and bbk shorty header combo or just add a MRT h pipe. seriously I can't pick one by myself :(. can anybody give me some idea? help me to choose one please.

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
Here are some videos of my current setup with the H pipe.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]GxWnZIQkNvk[/MEDIA]"]
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]zAGt0ikhCm0[/MEDIA]"]

A factory made the H pipe but it will sound basically the same as any premade pipes. I also have a muffler delete, and two glasspacks in place of my middle resonator.

briana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
what is the difference between 2.25 diameter pipe and gt pipe? does sound different?

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
hey guys!

I have a roush axle back. For me, real struggle is just beginning. I would like it a little louder and deeper sound but not too raspy. I thought about an Sr x pipe and bbk shorty header combo or just add a MRT h pipe. seriously I can't pick one by myself :(. can anybody give me some idea? help me to choose one please.

I got shortys, an xpipe, and the roush axle-backs, and I love the sound. In cabin noise is a bit high with the windows up, and if I'm being honest it doesn't sound good when I have my windows up, can't hear the crispNess of the exhaust note. But windows down it sounds beautiful. Anytime Im driving next to a long wall I step on it and man the sound bouncing back is beautiful. Most of the time when I shift it gives a nice pop, and when I engine break it gets all gurgly and pops, but not ricy. You will never get it the v6 to sound like a v8, you can get it close, but the route I went was more rasp, when you get the rpm up to 4 - 5k it get really fucking loud. Roush is always about the rasp and since your saying you don't want rasp and wanna try to go the deep tone route I'd recommend Magnaflows with an hpipe. Hpipe = deeper tone Xpipe = more rasp. I didn't like the hpipe I had, switched to a xpipe and haven't looked back. Hope this helps bud! I know all the choices out there can have you banging your head against the wall. :frusty:
Sponsored