Sponsored

MAK Hurricane Procharger HO Inlet Pipe Upgrade

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
You have the stage 2 D1SC kit tho. So you should be able to make way more boost. They're using the P1SC HO kit. I've heard that those kits max out around 10 psi and right around 600 to the wheels. Perhaps I misread something.
Nope..I have the P1 HO kit with the Stage two Intercooler.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

So if I got:

HO Kit with stage 2 intercooler, ID1000, BAP, the lowest supercharger pulley (8psi ?), this inlet pipe upgrade what kind of power would I make with a Lund tune on Octane 94 with a GT 350 manifold?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Hi there

So if I got:

HO Kit with stage 2 intercooler, ID1000, BAP, the lowest supercharger pulley (8psi ?), this inlet pipe upgrade what kind of power would I make with a Lund tune on Octane 94 with a GT 350 manifold?
Everything I have except the gt350 intake..plus I'm higher boost...and all dynos are different. My guess 600-650rwhp.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Hi there

So if I got:

I couldn't tell you an exact number for obvious reasons, but testing has shown a 5% increase in RWHP.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything I have except the gt350 intake..plus I'm higher boost...and all dynos are different. My guess 600-650rwhp.
Cool I want to run the lowest boost pulley but make most power possible for given boost, in other words maximum efficiency hence going the Stage 2 intercooler, ID1000, BAP and this inlet pipe.

I want to do start as low as possible and work my way up from there if I feel I ever need more. :)

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Cool I want to run the lowest boost pulley but make most power possible for given boost, in other words maximum efficiency hence going the Stage 2 intercooler, ID1000, BAP and this inlet pipe.

I want to do start as low as possible and work my way up from there if I feel I ever need more. :)
Our inlet is definitely up for the job. Our inlet lets the Procharger breathe easier allowing it to make more power for a given boost.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our inlet is definitely up for the job. Our inlet lets the Procharger breathe easier allowing it to make more power for a given boost.
Is 8psi the lowest boost pulley the kit comes offered with buddy or is there a 6psi?

I am just thinking with Stage 2 intercooler and inlet pipe it will probably make nearly 2psi over given pulley size. :)

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Is 8psi the lowest boost pulley the kit comes offered with buddy or is there a 6psi?

I am just thinking with Stage 2 intercooler and inlet pipe it will probably make nearly 2psi over given pulley size. :)
8psi is the standard boost level. It can be pullied lower, but no reason really to do that. Intercooler wont really add any boost. So you wont be too far over 8psi.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

For an extra $230 why not just get the D1SC upgrade?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For an extra $230 why not just get the D1SC upgrade?
What is the difference between P1S and D1SC though? $230 is nothing, so is the only difference power? Or do they make boost differently or drive any different?

Also from results here it seems like the P1S makes a lot of power too.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
What is the difference between P1S and D1SC though? $230 is nothing, so is the only difference power? Or do they make boost differently or drive any different?

Also from results here it seems like the P1S makes a lot of power too.
D1SC is a larger blower, will make more power when spun to its maximum impellar speed. Depending on desired power level a D1SC may be overkill. Plus with the D1SC you lose the option to purchase a comeplete system and the extended warranty. With a P1SC1 we make well over 700RWHP and its not yet anywhere near its max impeller speed, so there is room to grow. The D1SC is an awesome blower, but most people underestimate just how badass the P1SC1 is.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Well I'm going to give this a try .. Kind of hard to turn down the extra HP for the price , plus peace of mind not having the factory procharger rubber elbow end up inside my blower ..I know it's rare to have this happen but it's always on my mind when I blasting down the drag strip .. One less thing to worry about and some extra HP sounds like a win win to me ..

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Well I'm going to give this a try .. Kind of hard to turn down the extra HP for the price , plus peace of mind not having the factory procharger rubber elbow end up inside my blower ..I know it's rare to have this happen but it's always on my mind when I blasting down the drag strip .. One less thing to worry about and some extra HP sounds like a win win to me ..
Id love to see the dyno results. Im in the market and no offense to mak but i never believe numbers posted by the company selling the parts. Remember gibson claiming 30 whp with a catback lok

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Id love to see the dyno results. Im in the market and no offense to mak but i never believe numbers posted by the company selling the parts. Remember gibson claiming 30 whp with a catback lok
I completely understand ... Claims of Big HP gains we see all the time but rarely get them ..

Not sure when I can get back to the dyno to test this but I test weekly at the track .. I'll gladly post up my gains from the track testing ..Just two nights of test and tune and I should have some answers ..We should be able to figure the HP gains based of the MPH .. 30+ HP bump in power should show a gain in MPH ..

I'm pretty lucky with my Mustang , it runs the number almost dead on every pass now that I got my rear suspension dialed in ..:thumbsup:
Sponsored