Sponsored

Ever wonder what happens to your Mustang at the dealership?

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
You can opt for a wash or not at the dealership that services my family's cars. I don't know about the rest of dealerships, but since I detail my car myself or with friends, no dealership will ever wash my car without my consent. :)
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Did anyone else notice at 6:28 the tech was filling up my tires and he activated some tire pressure horn beep when it reached desired psi???

HOW DO WE TURN THIS ON?!?!
When the car is learning the tire pressure from a new TPMS sensor it should do this, at least thats how GM vehicles are. The owners manual might have something about a learn mode.

I could be wrong but I feel like when I filled my tires back up at the track my car beeped at me. This was back in October and I haven't driven my car since November so I could be making that up.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Had mine at servicd recently for 5k works package, i said no car wash. They washed it and had rust stains in the white paint. Took it home and used clay bar to fix, god forbid they try to fix it.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Cringed when I saw them drive your black car through the carwash. And then the dirty towels to dry. Oh the humanity.
This video should be 18+
Horrific to watch, your poor car
:frusty:

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I thought about complaining about the car wash for a second, but then I was so happy to finally get my car back, and I already have a ton of Dings, Dents, and Scuffs that I just figured what's the point? You can't polish a turd.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Was that Dana Ford?
If not, let me know who it is so I avoid them.
Hopefully Levittown, where I bought my car is a bit better.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
You wouldn't believe the amount of people that bitch about not getting a car wash for free... As a former service adviser, it was a safer bet to wash every car than to not, even when I asked. I would ask, get told not do it, then not do it, and then get yelled at. Wasn't worth the headache. Ever.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
When the car is learning the tire pressure from a new TPMS sensor it should do this, at least thats how GM vehicles are. The owners manual might have something about a learn mode.

I could be wrong but I feel like when I filled my tires back up at the track my car beeped at me. This was back in October and I haven't driven my car since November so I could be making that up.

If the vehicle already has the ability to sense pressure and hit the horn, why couldn't they just implement this for when we're filling up?

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I don't get why some folks worry so much about the dealer running it through the car wash. What do you think they use in there? sandpaper? I take mine to the local drivethrough wash all the time. Never hurt it at all.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I don't get why some folks worry so much about the dealer running it through the car wash. What do you think they use in there? sandpaper? I take mine to the local drivethrough wash all the time. Never hurt it at all.
take it to a good detailer and see if they agree with you
:headbonk:

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
take it to a good detailer and see if they agree with you
:headbonk:
Their job is to "drum up" business for themselves, so I would be very surprised to hear any detailer say anything good about car washes. I will tell you that my car looks "showroom new" still, after 2 years of ownership. I don't always go to the carwash, I would say about 50% of the time I do it in my driveway. But I have no problem with the carwash I go to.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Cringed when I saw them drive your black car through the carwash. And then the dirty towels to dry. Oh the humanity.
Same. NEVER let them do your car at a dealer that has this type of carwash (brush-less is only way to go). Either ask them to bring a detailer in or just not do it at all.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Their job is to "drum up" business for themselves, so I would be very surprised to hear any detailer say anything good about car washes. I will tell you that my car looks "showroom new" still, after 2 years of ownership. I don't always go to the carwash, I would say about 50% of the time I do it in my driveway. But I have no problem with the carwash I go to.
ummm...no. Look at your car under fluorescent lighting, and check out all of the spider web scratches all over your paint. Even someone washing a car properly cannot avoid those marks in the paint from time to time, and they take lots of work to correct.

I am not a detailer by profession, but I promise you that even a "showroom new" car still has lots of imperfections in the paint, much less one that's been washed in a car wash numerous times, as well as hand washed by someone who thinks a car wash does an ok job. I'm betting you use a regular sponge and a single bucket with soap in it when you wash it, and just rub the dirt around until you can rinse it off...might as well take a piece of 800 grit sandpaper to it.

My Mustang was owned by a sales manager at the dealership I got it from, and was only washed in the touchless wash bay at the dealership once every couple of weeks. It took me 9 hours of work to get all of the water spots out of the clear the day I brought it home, and I still don't have the glass as clear as I would like to have it.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
For normal people, they wont care. But if you're more 'loving' to your car you realize that the cloth they use to clean your car isnt of the best quality/clean and leaves swirl marks 95% of the time. You may not see it but if you take a light to it you will. Also, the paint will be noticeably less shiny and deep. You won't notice this unless you detail your car because your eyes adjusted to the paints current form and think that's the norm.
Sponsored