Sponsored

IF YOU WANT A QUALITY SPARE PLEASE LOOK HERE!

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I can't say for sure whether the stock front wheel will fit on the rear but I'm confident the front wheel will not fit in the trunk spare wheel well.
Sure seems hard to get an answer to this question as asked multiple times and no one seems to know if you can run the front on the rear until you could get a flat repaired.

When you say the wheel won't fit in the wheel well, is that because it will not be flush with the trunk floor (no big deal as long as the trunk lid closes) or that diameter wise it won't even settle in (why the hell would they make a wheel well too narrow)? Would it fit better if you left it deflated and had a pump for it?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The only way to get the answers is for someone to pull the wheels off and check the fitment.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
For anyone wondering about trunk fitment, this is my 19x4 Equus spare in the trunk, with a 155/70R19 tire on it. It goes in almost flat, wobbles a bit until you tighten it down using the clamp from the inflator. A lug wrench, tire jack, and the compressor all fit underneath it. I used a towel around all that stuff to prevent rattles/movement. The tire is 0.4% different than the GT PP rear, even though Torsen confirmed a 20% difference is fine for a temporary spare. It clears the GT PP Brembos, dunno about the 350.
I did experiment with deflating it a bit, but it fit about the same at 20,30, and 60 psi. I considered hammering out the sheet metal to fit it better, but once clamped down it was firm, so I didn't worry about it.
Spare_In_Trunk_35.jpg
Cover_On_Spare_35.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I'm still working on this spare wheel option currently guys, just had to be put on the backburner a bit with the new shop and all, but well find something for the 350.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still working on this spare wheel option currently guys, just had to be put on the backburner a bit with the new shop and all, but well find something for the 350.
Sweet, Im in once you get it figured out.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Thanks guys, hopefully this new technology we are working with will help make a true spare, but until that's all solidified its going to be difficult to say yes 100%

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Spare Tire

Thanks guys, hopefully this new technology we are working with will help make a true spare, but until that's all solidified its going to be difficult to say yes 100%
How about a rim that fits front and rear about 6" wide we can find the tire after that.

:ford::ford::ford::ford:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
In????

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
For anyone wondering about trunk fitment, this is my 19x4 Equus spare in the trunk, with a 155/70R19 tire on it. It goes in almost flat, wobbles a bit until you tighten it down using the clamp from the inflator. A lug wrench, tire jack, and the compressor all fit underneath it. I used a towel around all that stuff to prevent rattles/movement. The tire is 0.4% different than the GT PP rear, even though Torsen confirmed a 20% difference is fine for a temporary spare. It clears the GT PP Brembos, dunno about the 350.
I did experiment with deflating it a bit, but it fit about the same at 20,30, and 60 psi. I considered hammering out the sheet metal to fit it better, but once clamped down it was firm, so I didn't worry about it.
I don't see why this couldn't work with a huncentric spacer for the front to clear the brakes. I'll check into it.
Sponsored