Sponsored

Pothole Paranoia-No Spare Tire!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm on my daily commute this morning, dark, raining, basically flying blind through a sea of potholes that are like landmines. Didn't realize how much not having a spare tire would mess with me. Gotta do something...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It bothered me the first year in my 2011 Brembo. Low profile tires and bad potholes.

Never had a problem, though.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I didn't really like the idea of relying on a can of fix a flat and a pump. Knowing my luck I'd be on a busy road in the dark and the damn thing would just leak out all over the road. I bought the spare from tasca ford and am happy with the added piece of mine. Especially since I plan to do a few road trips this year.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I didn't really like the idea of relying on a can of fix a flat and a pump. Knowing my luck I'd be on a busy road in the dark and the damn thing would just leak out all over the road. I bought the spare from tasca ford and am happy with the added piece of mine. Especially since I plan to do a few road trips this year.
How much $$$$?

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB

Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
does that spare fit on the brembo cars? how about in the trunk well is it an 18 or 19?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IIRC, that spare won't clear the Brembos.....

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Has anyone figured out why the spare isn't available with the 20's? Before anyone says it, it's NOT due to the wheel size as the overall tire diameter is the same for all the wheel sizes.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I have ordered the spare tire option...does the tire come with a jack and tire iron?
I think that I read a thread on this Forum which said the option doesn't come with jack/iron. Need a clarification.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Has anyone figured out why the spare isn't available with the 20's? Before anyone says it, it's NOT due to the wheel size as the overall tire diameter is the same for all the wheel sizes.
I'd be willing to bet it's weight/CAFE related.....

Sponsored

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I have ordered the spare tire option...does the tire come with a jack and tire iron?
I think that I read a thread on this Forum which said the option doesn't come with jack/iron. Need a clarification.
It comes with both (scissor jack/lug wrench) and the spare will fit a 20" tire but not the Brembo brake package from what I understand.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
What about Runflat tires?

In the EU we don't even get the spare tire option... I bet the car will not have Runflat tires, they are pricier, but when I'll need to change, I'll have to buy them, as the city is filled with potholes...
There is also a flat tire kit that inflates the tire and adds some material/gas/science stuff inside to cover the hole until you get to a garage(thought I hit a pothole with my current car and it sliced the edge and the bottom of the tire, try fixing that).

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I average about one blowout per year, so the spare was a must. For long road trips, I'll also keep my floor jack, full-size wrenches, and one of my winter tires in the trunk.