Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
What are you guys setting your torque wrench to??

The correct torque for those bolts is 41 ft/lbs
Screenshot_20170323-185728.jpg
Sponsored

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
I set my wrench horribly wrong. It never clicked, and this bolt broke instead. I've looked over all the parts diagrams, this truly is a part that shouldn't need to be replaced if worked on properly.
Thats what you get for using a torque wrench on something like that... :lol: sorry...

A couple clicks with the milwaukee 3/8's impact gun and its set to spec.

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Well.. this week :)
Installed a stubby antenna and painted my calipers.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I dropped one of those christmas tree retainers that hold the hood lining into the hood down somewhere into the engine bay while installing my roush vents. Woops. Couldn't find where the hell it went, I'm assuming it's on the belly pan or something.

1. Where can I buy some replacements?
2. Should I worry about that little plastic part in the bay? It's not going to melt/cause problems, right?

I'm a perpetual worrier, I know.

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I dropped one of those christmas tree retainers that hold the hood lining into the hood down somewhere into the engine bay while installing my roush vents. Woops. Couldn't find where the hell it went, I'm assuming it's on the belly pan or something.

1. Where can I buy some replacements?
2. Should I worry about that little plastic part in the bay? It's not going to melt/cause problems, right?

I'm a perpetual worrier, I know.
You can buy them from Ford. I wouldn't worry about it. It'll probably make its way out somehow.
Screenshot_20170323-215033.jpg

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ Those are different pins, the ones for the hood insulator are just a single piece that look like christmas trees.

I've been scouring FORD part websites and nobody has them for sale.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-gas-engine/body-cat/hood-and-components-scat

They're item #10 on the diagram, but like I said, nobody seems to have them, or even a part a number.

I can live without them, I need two for the holes closest to the edge of the hood on each side, but I'm sure it'll be fine without anything there.

Like I said, my biggest concern is having that one I dropped rolling around below. If it's in the belly pan, no biggie, I just want to be sure it's not lodged in anything.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
^ Those are different pins, the ones for the hood insulator are just a single piece that look like christmas trees.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-gas-engine/body-cat/hood-and-components-scat

They're item #10 on the diagram, but like I said, nobody seems to have them, or even a part a number.

I can live without them, I need two for the holes closest to the edge of the hood on each side, but I'm sure it'll be fine without anything there.

Like I said, my biggest concern is having that one I dropped rolling around below. If it's in the belly pan, no biggie, I just want to be sure it's not lodged in anything.
Ah crap sorry.

Check out an auto parts place. They normally have these for each make of vehicle in packages. They are pretty generic. I know the fox bodies used them to hold the interior Door panel on the door. Maybe see if you can find those??

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah crap sorry.

Check out an auto parts place. They normally have these for each make of vehicle in packages. They are pretty generic. I know the fox bodies used them to hold the interior Door panel on the door. Maybe see if you can find those??
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...components-scat/?part_name=insulator-retainer

Whew, found it.

Yeah, autozone was my second bet lol.

Now if only I could find that one I dropped :frusty: I feel like it rolled under the radiator and is sitting down there lol. I'll be pulling the bumper eventually to install new grilles, so I guess it's a waiting game.

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic

Dorman Part# 700-762 may be the one you're looking for.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Don't ask how, I was a dumbass with a torque wrench today with my strut tower brace...:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
How much torque where you using? Factory spec is 41 ft-lbs.

I think that bolt is only used for the strut tower brace, not for the suspension strut/shock.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Lowes usually has a good variation of those plastic push pins.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You're not a true Mustang owner until you've dropped at least two in the engine bay
YUP! and the little F'ers fall into the Bermuda Triangle of the engine bay. I have yet to have one drop to the garage floor! I lost 2 in 10 minutes yesterday.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...components-scat/?part_name=insulator-retainer

Whew, found it.

Yeah, autozone was my second bet lol.

Now if only I could find that one I dropped :frusty: I feel like it rolled under the radiator and is sitting down there lol. I'll be pulling the bumper eventually to install new grilles, so I guess it's a waiting game.
I dropped 2 when i took off the battery cover, when i moved the car they were on the ground. But my dealer did get me a few spares also
Sponsored