Thoughts on the GT350R

OP
OP

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
Am I truly ignorant?... reread my statement... I said "90%" sound the same, while you misspoke and alleged I said "all".

Fake news...

I'm not biased in the sense you speak of... I just don't understand how people compare a $60k Mustang to > $100k Porsche and expect a bargain race car to come with spec racer bits n pieces. It's nonsense...

Ford learned a lot from the demise of the 14/15 Z/28 and gave R owners bang for the buck.

I am biased where I put my money though...
I am using the Porsche as an example of a truly track ready car. Integrating the changes would make the R an even bigger bang for the buck IMO.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
And a more costly one... people like me don't wish to have all the tidbits you want. I'm good with it as it comes from the factory, with only a few things such as a Watson bar, MGW shifter and a catch can.

The car is a helluva deal as is.... if I wanted a spec race car, I'd have went another route.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
There is nothing between here and there.

I understand your cost to value argument but I would still like to see Ford up the game. The car is so close. I just feel that a few improvements would only improve the cost to value.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I hear ya and I agree there are some things that could be improved upon, but what I feel Ford could better invest in to improve the cost to value ratio is improve quality on the production line and in the post-production quality control.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I hear ya and I agree there are some things that could be improved upon, but what I feel Ford could better invest in to improve the cost to value ratio is improve quality on the production line and in the post-production quality control.
This is so true, up the quality control a notch or two in fit/finish and I would rather have that than more performance. The car is an amazing performer but some of the panel and material issues are a little hard to handle.

Sponsored

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
I sat in a Camaro ZL1 a week ago and was impressed with the interior materials and adjustable camber plates that come from the factory. It also had the new (supposedly awesome) auto slush box co-developed with Ford. While its obviously a different car altogether, they upped their game in those areas and I would suggest Ford will follow suit in the future.

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
they need to do something with the steering wheel...

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Excellent post. I'm getting tired of adding oil separators to my fords.
The risk of driving without oil separators is pure hype, it's a feel-good part that does little except generate income for some aftermarket part manufacturers. Nanograms of residue accumulation and picograms or less of hydrocarbon per cycle is doing a whole lot of nothing to engine performance. If you have trouble imagining the scope of this problem, divide the mass of fluid captured by few hundred million revolutions per oil change.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I hear what you fellas are saying. I would have preferred a bit more attention and some different finish materials in a 100k car (Canada) as well. The panel gaps (specifically the rear bumper) on these cars is mostly horrendous and some of the hard plastics could go.

A buddy has a 2017 C63 AMG (S I think) Coupe that he tracks with me and the difference in materials in the same price range is ridiculous and it is one hell of a performer.
Sponsored