Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
In order to get my dealer to get it in for the repair I had to physically take the car in just so they could write up a work repair order so they could order the part. In my mind thats ridiculous. I could have left it in the garage and gave them my VIN number and mileage. Thats all the tech got off the car when I was there. Ok brought the car home so we'll see how long it takes for the part to come in.
Called the first time, they said they will order the part. So I schedule the oil change and oil line recall 3 weeks from that date.

Called the next week, they say they forgot to order it, and will make sure it's ordered this time.

Called this week, they say I have to bring my car in for service so they can do the diagnosis, then order the part.

I told them why I wasn't told about this process the first two times I called. I don't understand why they have to inspect the car first, the damn car is part of the recall, ORDER THE DAMN OIL LINE.

Now I have to either leave them the car overnight(hell no), or come back a second time for the oil line recall job. Absolutely stupid. :frusty:
Sponsored

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
In order to get my dealer to get it in for the repair I had to physically take the car in just so they could write up a work repair order so they could order the part. In my mind thats ridiculous. I could have left it in the garage and gave them my VIN number and mileage. Thats all the tech got off the car when I was there. Ok brought the car home so we'll see how long it takes for the part to come in.
Do you mind me asking which dealer you went to?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
It has to do with Trump's new regulations.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Interesting. I just called yesterday to chase the recall and they advised that they need to order the part specifically using my VIN and they only do this when they are asked (not sure why they never called or wrote me to tell me they can do this but hey). I haven't yet been told I need to bring the car in first, they just told me they would order it now and tell me when I can bring it in for the fix. Keeping my fingers crossed.

On the plus side I am due for the first oil change and they did tell me they would only charge me for the filter since they would need to replace/top off oil for the recall anyway. Hope they stick to this - I will certainly hold them to it.

Sponsored

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine was manufactured on November 2015 (should be affected), but in the owner.ford.com website my VIN is not showing the pending recall. Also a pending recall is NOT showing up for my car in https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ and https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls websites.

I contacted Ford Service thorugh Facebook and they confirmed the vehicle is subject to the recall 16S40. When I asked how they got that info I was told they use "internal programs".

I suspect this is happening because my car is an "export titled" vehicle, meaning it was not meant to be sold in the US in the first place, and therefore, it might have not been recorded in the government institutions of the US.

Does anyone know if a list with all the affected VINs exist? I'm trying to get a copy of the issued letter for my VIN or a document where it states that such VIN is affected by the recall.

Any help will be really appreciated!

BTW, my VIN is 1FA6P8JZ3G5520536 and the vehicle has been imported to Chile.

Last edited:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Interesting update. I just got a call from the dealer...the hose is in and I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning. We'll see how it all goes. Will report back as he said it would be completed the same day.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting update. I just got a call from the dealer...the hose is in and I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning. We'll see how it all goes. Will report back as he said it would be completed the same day.
Please let us know... Especially if they will change your oil in the process, or just top up. I would like to have my oil changed too if they did it.

How long did it take from ordering the parts to receiving ? I ordered mine today at the local Ford dealer here...

Thank you

Sponsored

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
From the documents I saw, they just top it off. Now that's not to say that they wouldn't change the oil if you asked on your dime though.

tebeller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking for GT350
They told me that they were replacing the oil filter and topping off the oil, despite the fact that the procedure clearly says that the filter does not need to be removed.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Please let us know... Especially if they will change your oil in the process, or just top up. I would like to have my oil changed too if they did it.

How long did it take from ordering the parts to receiving ? I ordered mine today at the local Ford dealer here...

Thank you
I will let you guys know. I changed my oil myself not long ago so only have about 500 miles on it...so no oil change. Now I might have them leave off the splitter IF they need to take it off but I don't think they do. Just pull down the wheel well panel on the driver side I think is all. I'm going to have to pull it all apart to put on the tow hook assembly I got from Rocket Scientist on here.

I took the car in Tues for them to write up the work order and its here today. That was super quick..:clap2: I was expecting something more like a couple weeks so they did a nice job on that :thumbsup: Geeze if I had known it would take this short amount of time I would have left the car there.:doh:

So will report back but I can't imagine there will be any issues. Seems a straightforward swap of parts.:amen:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Took mine in today to get an oil change by a Ford tech that I know personally, and I was told they had finally received the last part they were waiting on. After 2-2.5 hours, I was all done with everything.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Ok just got my car back from the dealer that did the recall repair...Robins Ford in Costa Mesa, Ca. Not much to report though...the car still runs like it did before. Now in the near future I'll be installing the front tow hook bracket so I will look at that time and see if they were clean and neat with what they did. Just glad to have it out of the way. Oh on the receipt they allowed 0.9 hours for the repair. And they checked the air in my tires. Thats all I know for now.
Sponsored