Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To the engineers at Ford that lost the argument that the requisite transmission/axle coolers be installed on GT350's across the board, you've been validated.
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
While i feel bad for everyone that is in this situation please don't put all your hope in a class action settlement. If you really feel that you have been wronged you are better to pursue something individually, class action lawsuits are notorious for Lawyers taking huge cash payouts while the "plaintiff" pool is awarded things like Coupons for future discounts with the same supplier who wronged you. Imagine that after all this the settlement is that ford gives you 50% off the parts you need to fix the car yourself, or that they offer you a discounted package including installation instead of 7,500$ including installation they will give it all to you for $3,500 dealer installed! Do a quick read online of class action law suits and the monkey business that goes on... only winners are the lawyers.

I find it concerning that there is no disclosure on the class action page about how the compensation is structured for the litigating attorney... Before i signed up for this i'd want to know what i'm giving away....

Good luck!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I find it concerning that there is no disclosure on the class action page about how the compensation is structured for the litigating attorney...
Diana should be in a position to explain what the lawyers told her...

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
we should join..it will make the case stronger

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
In the complaint request for legal fees is included as part of the damages.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
we should join..it will make the case stronger
Two of us Canucks already did, just mention you're from Canada .

Who knows where that might lead us. :shrug:

Last edited:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Mustang owners sue Ford, claiming 2016 Shelby GT350 overheats, loses power

Disgruntled Shelby GT350 Mustang owners are suing Ford Motor Co. in federal court for about $228 million, claiming the automaker sold them 2016 model-year performance cars that overheat and lose power on the track.

The suit contends the affected Shelby Mustangs have faulty transmissions and rear differentials that can overheat in as little as 15 minutes. The suit claims that Ford fixed the problem in 2017 vehicles, but told owners to make the fixes on the 2016 cars themselves, which they claim is a breach of the car’s warranty.

The 71-page lawsuit seeking class-action status was filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Miami. Hagens Berman, a law firm famous for filing class-action lawsuits against big companies, is handling the case.
“When Ford marketed and sold these Shelby GT350 Mustangs, it knew exactly how to appeal to track-enthusiasts: it marketed enhanced performance in a limited-edition iconic vehicle that has been associated with racing for generations,” Steve Berman, managing partner of Hagens Berman, said in a statement. “We believe that Ford induced purchasers with its ‘track-ready’ marketing, when in fact it knew that this defect would ultimately bar these Mustangs from ever being the hotrod consumers paid for.”

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Not passing judgement or giving Ford a passs, but I have a genuine question.

If the tech pack cars were to have full track capability without limitation, what would have been the benefit or reason for one to have purchased the track package instead? The engines are the same, weight similar, and they are largely the same except for the coolers.

I can see if the track pack added substantial other benefits, but it really doesn't, and to me, it seemed pretty obvious from the beginning that you either got the track version or you shouldn't expect optimal track performance. Either way, this to me, is why you don't become an early adopter of any product, unless you are willing to take flaws in exchange for having the new 'hotness,' before others.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I can understand the frustration, but there is a TRACK PACK car for a reason. If you wanted to save the money then you take the risk... those parts can and have been added aftermarket by forum members here that presumably no longer have the overheating problem.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I was thinking if Ford wanted shrink the number of class members or possibly even make this thing go away, I would be willing to pay Ford the difference between what I paid for my Tech, MSRP, and a similary equipped 2017 GT350 @ MSRP to make it a similarly equipped, functioning, and warrantied GT350.

What the hell, if you whiny Track owners want to join in to get your bigger screens and whatnot, maybe we could add you too!

(This offer is time limited, terms subject to change without further notice:lol:)

Anyone?

Last edited:
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Two of us Canucks already did, just mentionned you're from Canada .

Who knows where that might lead us. :shrug:
I KNOW RIGHT! let them realize the problem isnt just in the states :thumbsup:

did anyone sign up for lawsuit updates?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Sorry if this was previously mentioned but I noticed what I believe to be an error in the filing that was posted at the beginning of the thread. Out of curiosity I was skimming through it and on page 18 of the PDF, bullet point #32 states:

"The Class Vehicles cannot be used on the track due to a design defect that affects the cooling system of the vehicles at issue. The Class Vehicles are equipped with a "Track-Ready" powertrain system, but this system is defective as it lacks a transmission cooler and a rear differential cooler. As a result, the engine will overheat if it operates on the track, which causes the vehicle to go into Limp Mode to prevent permanent damage."

Seems minor but is definitely inaccurate from what I understand about the issue. Afterall, this suit is against Ford, not Chevy! ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.