Normal cylinder head temp?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I was at 230 when at standstill in traffic on the stock radiator with 170 Reische T-Stat.

I then installed a Watson Racing 70mm alloy radiator, dropped me down to a peak of around 217 in traffic.

Finally, I changed to a custom tune, and dropped to 208 peak in traffic. I knock that up to the engine running better now that its been properly datalogged and fine tuned (i was originally on the canned Procharger tune)
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Used to be 200-220 but with the 170 thermostat it stays around 190.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I'm not too sure why my temps or getting so high but I do have coolant puking out the top of my tank. I think the cap might be messed up.
If you fill the coolant line at max level when the engine is cold, it seems to be a little much for the expansion tank to handle. You have to keep it below the max line!

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I was at 230 when at standstill in traffic on the stock radiator with 170 Reische T-Stat.

I then installed a Watson Racing 70mm alloy radiator, dropped me down to a peak of around 217 in traffic.

Finally, I changed to a custom tune, and dropped to 208 peak in traffic. I knock that up to the engine running better now that its been properly datalogged and fine tuned (i was originally on the canned Procharger tune)
That is very interesting, usually the custom tunes run leaner and usually leaner is hotter, but i wonder if they built some richer A/F for low rpm / high temp situations that would keep you nice and cool in traffic.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
That is very interesting, usually the custom tunes run leaner and usually leaner is hotter, but i wonder if they built some richer A/F for low rpm / high temp situations that would keep you nice and cool in traffic.
These cars have built in widebands. They all run the same AFR's when driving normal, no matter what tune is in them.

I can see people adjusting the fan settings to bring the fans in sooner.
However we leave those stock, so that the car runs at the same OEM temp levels. (which we have to for emissions reasons)
Sponsored