Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
12k seems impossible. Is this off an inflated list with dealer add-ons like paint sealer, etc?
Re-read my post. I said 9k.

-Emt1581
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bad, I forgot you could get the PP in non-premium.
Oh ok, yeah, I tested a premium but...other than the leather, it did nothing for me over the base. If it was an extra $1k....fine. Still not a fan of the screen though.

-Emt1581

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
To me the base interior looks cheap . The leather with the priemer package is awesome

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
When I found my '17 Ecoboost Convertible with every option except the Color Accent Group I knew this was my car. I'm sure the '18 will sell great but for me the more aggressive front end on the '15 thru '17's fits the Mustang image better. The '18 grille is too low and wide making the front-end look like it's trying to be less "Mustang"...and the lower valance is also less aggressive and too fussy. I also don't care for the "C" curve of the running lights and taillamps...again too soft. I prefer the straight line aggressiveness of mine. Finally the dual pod dashboard is a Mustang classic and that new digital instrument panel could be in any car. My dream car when I was 17 was a 1967 Mustang...and 50 years later I've got it's twin -upgraded to the 21st century.

Sponsored

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
Keep in mind guys, if you go with the base model GT with the PP, it doesn't come with the driving mode selection switch (sport+, track, ice/snow, normal).

Reactions: A7X

sspfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 ssp notch, '16 Gt/pp
Keep in mind guys, if you go with the base model GT with the PP, it doesn't come with the driving mode selection switch (sport+, track, ice/snow, normal).
Nope, just beast mode 100%

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Which is as it should be, those "modes" are a joke, and shouldn't be on a Mustang. Tuning the motor is cheaper than paying for a Premium.

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Went with 2017 GT/CS

- Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but 2018 is 99% new motor which means potential issues to be worked out and price of aftermarket will go up.
- Still not feeling the droopy eyes
- I would want active exhaust, but also an aftermarket exhaust...$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sponsored

Bcart50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
Some of you feel raped??

I work for ford and still paid 31k 2 months ago for a base PP

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I paid 33 and got an extra check cut for me (for aftermarket parts - Yes they took my WRX with EVERYTHING on it. Someone already wanted it with everything on it) on top of my trade in so technically 31 so not too bad. If I looked around I probably could have gotten cheaper if I went to the big lots in Northern VA, or MD.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me the base interior looks cheap . The leather with the priemer package is awesome
I actually wanted the Premier package initially like 1-1.5yrs ago when I started to seriously consider a new S550. However, the price of it just wasn't worth it to me.

On the flip side, the base interior is pretty much exactly what I want except I'd love to have leather. But the touch screen, fancy lighting, toggles, puddle pony, etc...I just don't need all that jazz.

I want a fast car with a big-ass engine, comfortable ride, and affordable... a base GT w/PP does that perfectly.

April 1st is going to be an amazing day!! :)

-Emt1581

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Aftermarket Active Exhaust

Went with 2017 GT/CS

- Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but 2018 is 99% new motor which means potential issues to be worked out and price of aftermarket will go up.
- Still not feeling the droopy eyes
- I would want active exhaust, but also an aftermarket exhaust...$$$$$$$$$$$$
He you go buddy - the solution. :thumbsup:
Yeah been looking into adding a few things to add to my future 2017 to bring it up to 2018 Levels. ;)
awe.jpeg

Last edited:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Any Pictures?

Just an update on my sale...I'm sooo glad I pulled the trigger now. Price just got $300 lower!!

Essentially, I asked for a vanity plate, whether tech mats, and a full size extra (can't say spare or it causes a system reset) wheel/tire. The dealer agreed to the plate, Ford/Mustang Rubber mats, then must have looked into what it'd cost to do an extra wheel and gave cash instead. So he's knocking $300 off the agreed upon OTD price!

Brings it down to under $32k OTD for a 17 GT w/PP!!

Only think not included is financing interest rate but that'll be under 2.5% so I'm not getting my feathers ruffled about it.

Super happy....thus far!! I only say that because, until I'm driving it home, anything can (and has) happened.

-Emt1581
Haven't seen the pics of the beast you purchased. :D
sargent.gif
Sponsored