Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Guess it's time. Bought my '17 in December. Never been a ford guy but wanted a fast car with a warranty and a stick, and can't stand the Camaro/Challenger. With my budget not much else fit the bill, and when a buddy (Roseville Ford sales manager) told me the deal/rate he could get me that was it. Magnetic GTPP. Only other option is the black roof. It's a total riot driving this car and I love it.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Guess it's time. Bought my '17 in December. Never been a ford guy but wanted a fast car with a warranty and a stick, and can't stand the Camaro/Challenger. With my budget not much else fit the bill, and when a buddy (Roseville Ford sales manager) told me the deal/rate he could get me that was it. Magnetic GTPP. Only other option is the black roof. It's a total riot driving this car and I love it.
^^^Got mine from Future Ford as well. Great peeps.

Congrats and see you at some of the events that we put on.

OfcMc1712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ruby red pp gt
Hey I'm Mike from ny, I have a 16 gt pp. new to the forum. I like to track my car when I have time off from work
IMG_0003.jpg

s550_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
What's up all, I'm from Modesto CA I got my ecoboost mustang last year. First mustang, first Ford actually. So far got a intake, bov, bama tune, and lowered on BC Racing coilovers.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Afternoon All,

Name is Alberto from SoCal. Proud owner of a 2016 Ingot Silver Premium GT PP MT. Third Mustang I've owned, previously owned a 96 GT, and a 98 GT both auto so deicded to make the jump to Six Speed and don't regret it one bit. Only mod so far is AWE Touring Catback and blacked out gloss 5.0 fender emblems. Here's a pic of when I brought it home with the puddle lamps on. Looking forward to contributing to the forums and learning as much as I can.
IMG_1037.jpg

Sponsored

Kindastock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Hi All,

I have been a long time member on SVTP and just decided to join this community as well.

I took delivery on the car on 3/1. It's a 2016 Mustang GT. Premium package with the 6 speed manual. It's the first brand new car I've ever had. The color is Guard. When I picked it up, it had about 300 miles on it.

I love the car. It's a blast to drive. Look forward driving it to and from work during the week. I have already taken out the clutch assist spring. The car still has a warranty on it, so I'm not planning too much in the way of mods. Right now, it's just small cheap stuff.

Here is a pic from picking it up at the dealership.

Cheers!:cheers:
GT.jpg

Last edited:

TarablePony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium Competition Orange
Hello to all -New guy here from the bay area

2016 GT premium
- MBRP RACE EXHAUST
- CDC OUTLAW SWITCHBACK UPPER GRILLE
- FORD PERFORMANCE PP2
- FORD PERFORMANCE STRUT BRACES AND HOOD STRUTS
and a few other little things
5.0.jpg

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
Platinum White

Just picked her up on the 17th.

Base GT with Recaros.

33204258700_6ef53b8eb5_c.jpg

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
Welcome Powderd Toast.. Nice lookin Gt.. Always liked those rims on the light colors..Is recaros the only option?
Only other options I ordered were auto trans and spoiler delete. Somehow they screwed up and added a spoiler so the dealership bought me a spoiler of my choice to make up for it. I take it in tomorrow so they can install the Trufiber GT350 track pack spoiler.

Sponsored

MetalliCHAD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/California Package
Newbie from Western PA Checking In !

Greetings all ! My name is Chad and I'm the proud owner of a brand new 2017 Mustang GT Premium w/California Package. White is the color and the smile is wide on my face. I have been shopping around for a mid-life crisis since hitting the big 4-0 a couple years ago (currently 42) and figured that I'd return to my roots and bite the bullet and finally buy the car I've always wanted. I have zero disappointment so far and zero regret. My only other taste with "REAL" HP was a 2008 Charger that I owned (5.7L Hemi) that I mildly modified to my liking. That was all just practice though. I have lots of learning to do and lots of research to do in order to make her my own. First things first though: 1.) Going to take it easy(ish) on her for the first 1,000 miles). I'm varying speeds and types of driving and getting on her, briefly, every now and then to get those rings nice and seated. While I know there are many discussions about this, I think we all need to do it "our" way. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open eared, but I think that keeping the RPM's far, far away from 6,000 for the first 1,000 miles, being sure to limit extended runs at the same speed and being sure to warm her up before ANY driving will make for an experience that will hopefully last me until I'm ready for Midlife Crisis Software Version 2.0. 2.) Oil change at 1,000 miles. I'll be performing this myself and plan on using Mobile One full synthetic. Talk me off the ledge if there's something else I should be doing. 3.) Going to be in the market for a cold air intake. 4.) Any advice to something relatively easy to get a bit more of a throaty / noticeable exhaust tone without the possibility of ANY drone? Yes I want my cake and I want to eat it too... !
IMG_4059 1.jpg

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Greetings all ! My name is Chad and I'm the proud owner of a brand new 2017 Mustang GT Premium w/California Package. White is the color and the smile is wide on my face. I have been shopping around for a mid-life crisis since hitting the big 4-0 a couple years ago (currently 42) and figured that I'd return to my roots and bite the bullet and finally buy the car I've always wanted. I have zero disappointment so far and zero regret. My only other taste with "REAL" HP was a 2008 Charger that I owned (5.7L Hemi) that I mildly modified to my liking. That was all just practice though. I have lots of learning to do and lots of research to do in order to make her my own. First things first though: 1.) Going to take it easy(ish) on her for the first 1,000 miles). I'm varying speeds and types of driving and getting on her, briefly, every now and then to get those rings nice and seated. While I know there are many discussions about this, I think we all need to do it "our" way. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open eared, but I think that keeping the RPM's far, far away from 6,000 for the first 1,000 miles, being sure to limit extended runs at the same speed and being sure to warm her up before ANY driving will make for an experience that will hopefully last me until I'm ready for Midlife Crisis Software Version 2.0. 2.) Oil change at 1,000 miles. I'll be performing this myself and plan on using Mobile One full synthetic. Talk me off the ledge if there's something else I should be doing. 3.) Going to be in the market for a cold air intake. 4.) Any advice to something relatively easy to get a bit more of a throaty / noticeable exhaust tone without the possibility of ANY drone? Yes I want my cake and I want to eat it too... !
Congrats on the car! It's beautiful.

I just installed a Corsa Sport catback exhaust on my 2015 GT and it's 100% perfect. No drone and sounds fantastic. I know you said easy, which the install was, but you never mentioned cheap, which this part wasn't ;)

I always use Mobile 1 full synthetic (in all my vehicles) and never had any issues.

The three things I would suggest are...

The clutch assist spring sold by Steeda which is super cheap and takes 5 minutes to put in with vice grips. You use the clutch so often that this part pays for itself in smiles.

The jacking rails also sold by Steeda. These things make jacking the car up take less than 5 minutes. Not only that but they're safer and, for me, I was able to get the car jacked up much higher than before.

Third thing to do right away is the BG Syncro Shift transmission fluid for ~$100 and put that in. The kit is all inclusive as far as parts needed (pump) and it takes less than 30 minutes. I suggest this because the transmission can be a little clunky from the factory and just swapping the fluid is a quick, reasonably priced fix for that.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
New to the forum

Not new to Mustangs, owner since 1983, first car was a 1983 GLX, have owned at least one since, everything from 5.0s to Saleens. Just purchased a 2016 Ruby Ecoboost PP, Premium as a daily driver. Great car, so much different than the previous Gen. Frankly, they all have their own individual quirks and driving habits, I'm lucky to own one from almost all generations (gotta get that II gen and SN95 Cobra), and can tell you that they all are awesome, looking forward to the next one!
IMG_6093.JPG

Last edited:

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just picked this up yesterday. Looking forward to learning more about these cars. I am coming from the german car world. I have owned numerous BMWs over the years. This is my first mustang. Have always loved them and figured now was the time.
Sponsored