Sponsored

Check your splitter install

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
A new one is supposed to have been ordered. No estimate on arrival as if COB today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Tell them you just want to take it and install it yourself, then you'll have a backup. There's no way to know what fasteners they left out on the outer pieces, including the dreaded half-moon clips unless you do it yourself or are present for the reinstall. If you consulted the ole 8-ball it would say "all signs point to 'install it yourself'"

CoolFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I checked mine again and also watched the video. Just went down to check if in all four major holes both screws are in. It feels super tight attached, even if i i can see a little bit of the holes from the front. But the splitter looks really tightly attached to the facia. There is no space to be more up.
Aren't those screws 45 and 90 degrees in each hole the most important ones?

Guess i leave it like that and hope that they really mounted all clips. I ll take it to Europe soon, so that i don't want to get a surprise there.

During oil change i let it already check by another Ford dealer and they said it is like on the others that they had in store.

Guess at some point i just have to trust. They all should have much more knowledge than I have :-)
Have a great day guys.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the dealership yesterday who is replacing the splitter. They said some of the parts were in to include the splitter, but other parts have not arrived yet. They hope the rest of the parts would be in today.
???
I thought the entire splitter and hardware came in one box. I dunno but they are replacing the entire splitter. I am not going to ask any questions since they don't really know what they are doing apparently. The rivets are, as others have pointed out, done at the factory and do not hold the splitter to the vehicle.
I am going to request to watch the removal of the original splitter and when they try to drill out the rivets, I am going to advise them to remove the screws first and see if it come off......

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't let them do any drilling with the center piece on the car. That has the potential to turn out badly.
Agreed 100% especially when none is necessary!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Splitter and all of the parts are in. Headed to the dealership to see if they will let me take the new one and "install" it myself. Likely not since a warranty part but who knows. Since I did the rubber mallet and shop towel trick, the original one has not come off. I would like to take the 4 fasteners from the new one and install them on the current one. Then I would have a correctly installed splitter and a brand new spare.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Splitter and all of the parts are in. Headed to the dealership to see if they will let me take the new one and "install" it myself. Likely not since a warranty part but who knows. Since I did the rubber mallet and shop towel trick, the original one has not come off. I would like to take the 4 fasteners from the new one and install them on the current one. Then I would have a correctly installed splitter and a brand new spare.
Let us know. Generally they want the old part turned-in on a Warranty.
I have a Warranty part that needs Replacing and want to keep the old one.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I love that the dealer screwed up on the install but is making Ford pay for it on a warranty fix (they can have each other.) After the dealer replaces the splitter just go around back and find the dumpster they tossed the old on in to. :)

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love that the dealer screwed up on the install but is making Ford pay for it on a warranty fix (they can have each other.) After the dealer replaces the splitter just go around back and find the dumpster they tossed the old on in to. :)
I hear what you are saying but this dealership is not the one I purchased the car from. They are fixing a problem caused by the selling dealership. The shop foreman came clean this morning and said he was mistaken about the rivets and they are correct. He said he is going to still take off the original and check for damage from it coming off and then install the new one with all of the supplied hardware.

This dealership has been nothing but accommodating while trying to fix what another dealership screwed up.

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up the Shelby today with a correctly and completely installed front splitter. No dice on getting the old one.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
After removing all screws from underneath the splitter to see why there was a separation I discovered that the tabs were missing above the half moon clips on the short piece of the splitter( passenger side) and noticed there was a screw missing underneath as well.
IMG_20170331_190322940-001.jpg
IMG_20170330_162305771 (2).jpg