Really liking those wheels!

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks very cool!! I just got mine this last weekend, and really enjoying it. I'm not looking to track it, but want to do some cool cosmetics to make it my own. A few questions if you don't mind....

How did you get the honeycomb look on the tail lights?

I see you said that shifter is a lot better than stock. Still feeling that way after using it for a bit? I haven't changed emblems on a car in a long time.

Is it still heating it up to remove them? Is it the same for the front emblem insert?

Thanks

OP
OP
MANDARK

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Looks very cool!! I just got mine this last weekend, and really enjoying it. I'm not looking to track it, but want to do some cool cosmetics to make it my own. A few questions if you don't mind....

How did you get the honeycomb look on the tail lights?

I see you said that shifter is a lot better than stock. Still feeling that way after using it for a bit? I haven't changed emblems on a car in a long time.

Is it still heating it up to remove them? Is it the same for the front emblem insert?

Thanks
HoneyComb overlays are from StangMods and can be found here : HoneyComb

Yes the Steeda TRI-Axe is 10000x better than stock, I don't see myself going back to stock. Throws are shorter and more precise there's no slop in the shifter and throws into the gates are crisp.

As for the emblems the side 5.0 are held in with 3m automotive tape and two pins. So yes, some heat, fishing line, a little patience and some goo gone or wd40 to remove any adhesive residue. The font pony is held in by pins abs washer locks you can either break the pins off or remove the bumper and try and remove them. I believe CJ Ponyparts has a how to video on it.

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Love this car so much, quality all around :thumbsup:

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
nice!!!!

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
wheels look GREAT!

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Shifter looks nice but far to many components, too many bolts, which will unscrew over time from vibrations. Less pieces, the better. I'd pull the signals out out the heat extractors so they can actually function. I'm glad Ford pulled those after one year. Oh, tne weights of a 2015-2017 base GT is 3678 lbs with full fluids in a stick. The base auto is 3692 lbs. A loaded stick car is 3839 lbs, and 3848 lbs. Deduct 60 lbs from the 3839 lbs for the stick Performance pack only. Sadly, the new 2018 will be 30-40 lbs heavier still. More "dumb driver", aka > (cellphone/txt drivers), safety aids are being added. Folks, you all need to understand that it's those of you that drive distracted, that's pushing the gov for the future of autonomous vehicles, taking away our privilege and enjoyment of driving, making vehicles heavier and heavier, all because people can't learn to focus on driving their deadly weapon. No driver, no driver, needs to txt or make a call while in your vehicle. Nobody.

OP
OP
MANDARK

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Shifter looks nice but far to many components, too many bolts, which will unscrew over time from vibrations. Less pieces, the better. I'd pull the signals out out the heat extractors so they can actually function. I'm glad Ford pulled those after one year. Oh, tne weights of a 2015-2017 base GT is 3678 lbs with full fluids in a stick. The base auto is 3692 lbs. A loaded stick car is 3839 lbs, and 3848 lbs. Deduct 60 lbs from the 3839 lbs for the stick Performance pack only. Sadly, the new 2018 will be 30-40 lbs heavier still. More "dumb driver", aka > (cellphone/txt drivers), safety aids are being added. Folks, you all need to understand that it's those of you that drive distracted, that's pushing the gov for the future of autonomous vehicles, taking away our privilege and enjoyment of driving, making vehicles heavier and heavier, all because people can't learn to focus on driving their deadly weapon. No driver, no driver, needs to txt or make a call while in your vehicle. Nobody.
35189448325_c463628200_o.jpg

Im not sure what to make of this? Uhhh thanks I suppose?

Shifter looks nice but far to many components, too many bolts, which will unscrew over time from vibrations. Less pieces, the better.
- Thanks for the warning I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any issues that may arise. Though I have yet to hear of anyone that has had issues with any of the bolts backing out of place.

I'd pull the signals out out the heat extractors so they can actually function. I'm glad Ford pulled those after one year.
- Are we talking the blinkers functioning or the heat extractors? Seeing how as IAT's don't seem to be impacted by the heat extractors I'm not too concerned. I for one like the blinker, I say blinker because I only ever see one. ;)

Oh, tne weights of a 2015-2017 base GT is 3678 lbs with full fluids in a stick. The base auto is 3692 lbs. A loaded stick car is 3839 lbs, and 3848 lbs. Deduct 60 lbs from the 3839 lbs for the stick Performance pack only. Sadly, the new 2018 will be 30-40 lbs heavier still.
- Good thing I'm not a very slender dude and do hit the gym often so I think I can counteract the weight disparity I think you are talking about. If not I'll just pull the dead hooker out of the trunk and that should balance things out. I don't actually have a dead hooker in the trunk shes actually alive

More "dumb driver", aka > (cellphone/txt drivers), safety aids are being added. Folks, you all need to understand that it's those of you that drive distracted, that's pushing the gov for the future of autonomous vehicles, taking away our privilege and enjoyment of driving, making vehicles heavier and heavier, all because people can't learn to focus on driving their deadly weapon. No driver, no driver, needs to txt or make a call while in your vehicle. Nobody.

- Those are wise words! Hands free folks its the way to go! as I see on billboards "one txt or call could end it all" thanks for the safety tips!!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored