Sponsored

Tremec TR6060 conversion help

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Has anyone that has swapped a 6060 have successfully wired the VSS? I thought I had read on hear that MSD has a signal convertor and Lund is able to tune for it but I can't find the thread or the MSD part number. Nay help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I only know of two ways, just ordered my Tr6060.
1- Abbott box, mixed reviews stating cruise only works in certain gears.
2- Dakota Digital SGI-5, great s197 reviews cruise works in all gears.

I asked Lund and John II said that the last one he did used the Abbott box and he did have to make adjustments for the cruise to work.

I bought the Dakota Digital. Mine will be in in a few weeks and will report back with my results.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Thanks guys.
isedawishy I found yours searching a little deeper. I most likely will go with the MSD as well as I am going to be tuned by Lund also.
jhatley7, Keep us posted on how you make out with the Dakota Digital

Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
With the S197 it was beneficial to have on board settings on the device because you could compare your speed to GPS and adjust on the fly.

With the S550 it's more difficult because speed is based upon ABS, so it would be accurate post trans swap, so hard to know the right adjustments.

As long as the signal is converted, computer and trans talking same language, a tuner can dial it in. The MSD is a simple device, no on board settings, just converts from a magnetic signal to electronic. With either devices, Lund will get you squared away quickly!

PS: If buying a used trans I'd highly recommend to have it built before swapping it in!

OP
OP

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Update for anyone doing the swap.
Review of my install. Tremec 6060 built by Calimer with billet crossmember, MGW swap specific shifter, McLeod RXT clutch and flywheel, 4" aluminum driveshaft built locally with 1350 solid body ujoints each end and Sonnax aluminum flange yokes, converted rear pinion flange to flat style flange instead of factory cup style so no adapters used, MSD 8509 signal stabilizer and Lund tune.
Quick wiring for anyone using the 8509 as I wasn't able to find
MSD wire color Red goes to Violet/green of factory speed sensor connector
Black goes to Brown/blue of factory speed sensor
Yellow goes to Brown/ green of factory speed sensor
Purple and green goes to output shaft sensor pigtail of 6060
polarity doesn't matter
I gave Lund OSS reading in 4th at three different RPMs. Nailed the calibration on one revision.
Shifter fit flawless. Flywheel and clutch were flawless though alignment tool has little too much play in pilot bearing so make sure you're centered before installing trans and if the trans doesn't slide right in loosen pressure plate bolts and realign.
Trans is perfect! Calimer did a great job. Trans is night and day compared to the factory MT82. Still breaking in clutch and working on tune with Lund for my VMP.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Cruise working in all gears? I love my 6060.

OP
OP

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Awesome! Cruise working in all gears? I love my 6060.
Every gear. RPM and OSS match 4th gear 1:1 on NGauge. Lund nailed the algorithm on first shot after I gave him Three separate engine rpm and oss readings in forth gear

Absolutely love the 6060. Not rowing gears all day long driving around town.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Total cost of swap? This is potentially something I'd like to do down the road.

OP
OP

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I would figure the swap to run roughly what the conversions cost of the magnum xl but you are getting a better built trans from Ben. Reach out to Ben Calimer if you are interested in the 6060. MGW is offering the shifter off the shelf soon, McLeod and e few venders on here can point you in the right place for clutch. As far as driveshaft DSS is the only one who offer an off the shelf DS for the conversion. I went a different route as I wanted something stronger.
Sponsored