Sponsored

Custom Exhaust and Other Add-ons...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I posted for the first time in the GT TB thread, but I though I would officially introduce and post some pics of current car updates and mods:

Tint
Custom Wheels
Custom Exhaust (Solo Performance GT exhaust w/H-Pipe)
GT Upper and Lower Grille
GT TB Upgrade
160 degree T-Stat
BBK Shorty Headers
JLT Intake
GT350 like Shifter Knob
Steeda Short-Throw Shifter
Energy Poly Shifter Bushing Set (such an underrated upgrade)

This is my third V6 and I love these engines. And I love my car payment and insurance premiums even better, lol. Hope you enjoy the photos. Lastly, what do you guys think....matte black spoiler or body color?
Capture.JPG
front.JPG
rear 2.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Exhaust.JPG
headers.JPG
shifter 2.JPG
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Your car doesn't have a spoiler from what I can tell. I wanted a spoiler delete but my dealers only had the lip ones available so I went with body color matched mmd Foose spoiler.

I'd just stick with the spoiler-less look, so much cleaner. Though I'd go with body matched paint if you do go with a spoiler.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
If I knew how to upload vids to this forum I have a couple of okay ones recorded. I'll try and figure it out.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Looking spiffy. Those wheels look factory and Ecoboost-esque. I have to agree for 13 bux the Energy shifter bushing offers great bang for buck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Looking spiffy. Those wheels look factory and Ecoboost-esque. I have to agree for 13 bux the Energy shifter bushing offers great bang for buck.
I love my wheels. The pictures don't do them justice, get compliments all the time while driving. The design is actually quite "old" they FR500 wheels from the S197 years. these ones are Black Chrome. I had a set of regular chrome on my first mustang. Here is a few comparo photos.
CIMG1889.JPG
CIMG1867.JPG

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
These aren't the best, but I promise if you wear headphones it sounds just like it does to me when riding in the car, which is how you should rate your exhaust IMHO. I also showed how after accelerating the noise drops to nothing. This translates to zero and I mean zero drone while in normal/highway driving. I love the deep sound this setup gave me. Loud when under WOT and fun when creeping at a stop light/sign, but when just cruising its nice and silent...till I punch it!

[ame]

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
[ame]

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Sounds great coming from my Bose speakers. It sounds awesome coming from a 3". It sounds like a small displacement V8, I'm not hearing any drone or rasp at all. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds pretty good.
Didn't someone else try 3in GT exhaust and it sounded great as well. Might be a future option.
Yes, someone posted up a video of them running a MBRP 3" setup. Sounds pretty clean.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Just to be clear the exhaust starts with an H-Pipe 2.5 inch after the cats then at mid pipes transitions into the 3 inch piping for the Solo Performance piping w/j-bends. It is basically a muffler delete system so stock cats to h-Pipe 2.5 inch to mid pipes 3 inch and exit to 5 inch muffler tips. Bit weird for some but the exhaust came from a GT and I had to marry the rest up work with transition piping. I did the same to one of my other mustangs and i liked the results so repeated with my new one. I have found this application for some reason to provide a nice linear sound to the exhaust note. At some point I may go back to a racier exhaust note like my 2013, which in any case would mean replacing the h-pipe with a Borla resonator box or Pypes x-pipe box with mid mounted mufflers similar to M80s or Dynamax Bullets. Really that depends on how bored I get with the current sound. I usually go through three different exhaust setups to keep my interest in my hobby. Its a Mustang and its fun, why not...:)
Sponsored