s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I recently had one of my catalytic converters replaced under warranty and since then I hear a rattle in the driver's side footwell that gets louder and faster with more pedal input. I've taken it to 2 dealerships and no one else can hear it apparently so I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. I thought it could be the heat shields but both are intact and iv checked the wiring in the footwell itself. Could it be another bad catalytic converter? Any and all advice is welcome!
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
is there exhaust rubbing anywhere?

OP
OP
s550v6

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Not that I can see, I may take it to Goodyear or Midas or someone to get them to check it out.

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
you and I may be having the same issue, not to sure though. I took it to the dealership two times for this, the first time they said they didn't hear it and did nothing. the second time they said they replaced the abs module and the noise did go away for like a week or so but eventually came back. During that time they also did update my ecu and most likely unplugged my battery so that week of not hearing the noise could of been from the system being reset.

OP
OP
s550v6

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
you and I may be having the same issue, not to sure though. I took it to the dealership two times for this type of issue, the first time they said they didn't hear it and did nothing. the second time they said they replaced the abs module and the noise did go away for like a week or so but eventually came back. During that time they also did update my ecu and most likely unplugged my battery so that week of not hearing the noise could of been from the system being reset.
Is it like a ticking, rattling right by my left foot that gets louder and faster with RPM. It is so unbelievably annoying.

Sponsored

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
Is it like a ticking, rattling right by my left foot that gets louder and faster with RPM. It is so unbelievably annoying.
Yes ticking. Mines just gets louder and faster with the speed not really the RPM'S. Does you're noise start happen at certain speeds? Mines starts at like 25-30ish mph. Also the noise doesn't start immediately, It kind of starts after driving a little from what i have noticed.

OP
OP
s550v6

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Yes ticking. Mines just gets louder and faster with the speed not really the RPM'S. Does you're noise start happen at certain speeds? Mines starts at like 25-30ish mph. Also the noise doesn't start immediately, It kind of starts after driving a little from what i have noticed.
We may be having different rattles then...mine is RPM dependent and happens at all speeds. Im beginning to think mine is a bad catalytic converter
Sponsored