Sponsored

50th Anniversary package vs 50th Anniversary Edition

Ecoboost_Jim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red, manual
Thanks for posting the interior pictures. I will be ordering my race red ecoboost convertible with the 50 years appearance package soon.
Sponsored

TonyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Premium w/50th Package
Where are My Illuminated Sill Plates?

For a long while no one at Ford or the Dealership could tell me why I didn't have illuminated sill plates. Finally, after inquiring enough, I was shown the sourcebook which read that the 50th Year Anniversary Sill Plates are aluminum (non-illuminated). I felt robbed! This is my 5th Mustang since 2005, and I've had illuminated sill plates on 3 of them. I really like the way they add to the ambience when entering and exiting the car. I understand that 50 years ago the car didn't have illuminated sill plates, but neither did they have illuminated "My Color" gauges and such. Now if I want the illuminated sill plates, I have to spend at least an additional $350! I paid $1500 to loss a feature dear to me. That sucks! I think an option should have been given. If any one feel the same way, lets see if we can't get Ford to foot the bill to have feature added back our local dealership. A long shot, I know, but nothing beats a try. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/images/smilies/ford.gif

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
After three years and the introduction of the 2018 Model with just as many questions as the 15s, I thought I'd cover some of the differences I've noticed between the LE, the 50th AP, and the PP.

LEs got the Chrome Window Trim and the "Vented" Quarter Glass.
The Glass is at least $1500 for each side and was exclusive to the LE.
The Chrome Window Trim is almost as much. It was, however, made available on the
Pony Package and the Euro GTs.
The Chrome Tail Light Trim was Avilable on the LE and the AP cars.
The Lights are available, but cost $1700 per side.
The LE Wheels are exclusive to those cars. They are available, but cost more than the AP
Wheels, are staggered and wider, like the PP cars and are Machined and Polished, not
completely Painted.
The Suspension and Cooling on the LE were upgraded to the Performance Pack Specs and the
Automatics are included, with a 3.55 gear, while the Manuals get 3.73.
The Nav System was Standard on the LE.
The Axel Spun Dash was Standard on the LE, but available on the non-PP AP cars.
The Seats on the LE were Black and Cashmere-Colored and Stitched, along with the Dash,
Door Panels and Center Armrest. AP cars were all Black Leather. Both had 50th Seat Logos.
LEs had the S/Numbered Dash Plates. AP cars had the 50th Plates. 350s and Rs got their own.
LEs had the Oil Pressure and Vacuum Gauges. PP cars got the Guages too, I think, except the
Ecoboost cars got the Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum. 350s and Rs got Oil Pressure and Temperature. Some 350s did not have the Gauges, just the third Vent.
LEs got the Performance Pack Water to Oil Coolers. The Base 350s also started with that, but went to the Mandatory
Air to Oil Coolers in the Ducts.
The LEs with Automatics had the Transmission Coolers ahead of the Radiators. 350s have been Forced to these in the Duct area.
LEs and AP cars have the Exclusive Aluminum Door Sill Plates.
LEs were offered the Custom Illuminated S/N Plates, but had to wire them on their own, or get
a Body Control Module Software Code change, on their own.
LEs got the 50 Years GT Gas Cap while the AP Cars got the Pony and 50 Years Caps.
LEs got the Chrome Grill with the Adaptive Cruise Control Lower Grill, but without the Option.
AP cars got the same Grill, but could order the ACC.
LEs had Blind Spot (BLIS) Standard. AP cars could, I believe, get the option with upgraded Electronics.
LEs had the Nav Display with the Reverse Camera. AP cars had this Option.
LE cars did not have the Backup Bumper Cover Sensors. AP cars had that Option.
LE cars came without the Rear Decklid Spoilers. AP cars could Delete with the PP Option.
LEs came with 50 Years Floor Mats. Not sure on AP cars.
LE came in one Convertible with a Manual Transmission.

Did I miss anything?

Anyways, the 18s will have the Options of Magnaride, Active Exhaust, Flat Panel Instrument Display and Brake/Lane Assist with Adaptive Cruise Control and Rain Sensing Wipers. Along with Sync 3+, LED Head Lights, Turn Signals and Fog Lights.

More Power, Better Suspension and Improved Interior!

And 10 Speed Auto with the Performance Pack!