Sponsored

I need advise, new Mustang GT 2017

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

I am new in the forum and since I have no idea about mechanic I would appreciate if I can get your thoughts.

I bought a Mustang GT 2017 with the performance package. I drive it so far for 4000 miles. It drives ok but it is not as fast and loud as I thought it would be.

1) I am thinking about changing the stock exhaust for the corsa extreme.

2) In order to solve the speed issue I am thinking about supercharging. I know there are tons of options. Paxton 2200SL seems to be a beast capable up to 1000HP and it seems to be quite cheap for the power. My questions are:

- Do I need anything else apart from what it is included in the kit to be safe? I think around 700HP would be fine for me.

- Do I need to update any other component of my car so that it will not break because of the supercharger?

- Do you recommend another supercharger instead of Paxton for my goals?

- Is it a good idea supercharge your car for a daily driving? I do not have a second car.

- Do you know anyone who can do the tune for me? I live in DC but I do not mind going to MD or VA.

Final question: do you think the update it is really worth it? Would it make me smile at all times while driving??:headbang::D

Thanks in advance,

Mario
Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Hi guys,

I am new in the forum and since I have no idea about mechanic I would appreciate if I can get your thoughts.

I bought a Mustang GT 2017 with the performance package. I drive it so far for 4000 miles. It drives ok but it is not as fast and loud as I thought it would be.

2) In order to solve the speed issue I am thinking about supercharging. I know there are tons of options. Paxton 2200SL seems to be a beast capable up to 1000HP and it seems to be quite cheap for the power. My questions are:

- Do I need anything else apart from what it is included in the kit to be safe? I think around 700HP would be fine for me.

- Do I need to update any other component of my car so that it will not break because of the supercharger?

- Is it a good idea supercharge your car for a daily driving? I do not have a second car.

- Do you know anyone who can do the tune for me? I live in DC but I do not mind going to MD or VA.

Final question: do you think the update it is really worth it? Would it make me smile at all times while driving??:headbang::D

Thanks in advance,

Mario
1. Corsa is by far my favorite exhaust personally. Definitely will make the car sound great.

2. I can't speak for superchargers because I've never went that route on a car. I'm sure someone else will have useful advice. As far as SCing for a DD though, it's usually a better option than doing a N/A cam setup. I'm just weird.

Final Answer to the Final Question: More horsepower = more grins.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
- Corsa Xtreme proven to be one of the most popular exhausts on the market. Very loud when you accelerate, but no drone when you cruise. Can't go wrong with that exhaust if you are looking for a loud set up.

-Yes, if you want to supercharge you will need to upgrade the Oil Pump Gear and Crank Sprocket if you want your engine to safely handle the power. You can take the risk and not upgrade, but be sure to save some $$$$ on one side for a new motor incase your OPG shatters and spoils your fun. The parts themselves can be bought for around $450 for the OPG, CG and new ARP balancer bolt, but installation is costly due to the high shop labor hours involved. (Budget $1200 approx for install costs)

-Paxton is a great kit and probably the best bang for the buck on the market. The kits from Team Beefcake Racing allow you to customize them to a tailor fit package for your needs. I'd recommend calling Terry (Owner of Beefcake Racing), and discussing your needs if you are truly serious about purchasing a supercharger kit. He will answer any questions you have and give you killer pricing. He is the most popular vendor for the Paxton kits.

-Emailed tunes are the most popular method of getting your car set up. Lund is very popular with the Paxton kits. You can add the tune to your supercharger kit so you have everything you need ready to install and drive.

-Yes it will be worth it....a 50% increase in power turns the GT into an animal. I have a Procharger kit on mine and it gives me smiles every time I drive it :)

Have a look around the forum and search a few threads related to forced induction so you can educate yourself on the OPG upgrade and other important info.

Best of luck.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i personally have the roush abs and x pipe and i love it. its loud when you want and easily controllable. x pipe is a little raspier than h pipe so if you want a little deeper go h not x. corsa has been super popular but ive heard people think its too exotic for an american muscle car. to each his own tho. i would assume you have 3.73 gears, i have no experience with s/c-ing however ive heard going FI with 3.73 can be draining as a dd and 3.31 gears or whatever they offer that is lower than 3.73 work a lot better

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
It's not fast or loud enough in MD and VA?

MSP and the VSP will soon give you advice on that assumption.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
I have a Roush axle back and a Ford Racing x-pipe.....it sounds great...no drone either.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Is your last name Andretti ?

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

Mario
You should have waited and bought a 2018.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I would suggest learning how to drive it on track first. You only had it for 4K miles. That'll change your perspective pretty quick.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I always think of this when someone says a 435HP car is not fast enough for there daily driver :headbang:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ZKfb-gBVbBk[/MEDIA]"]