Sponsored

What car for street and track?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
So I've been here a while planning to get a new Mustang. I haven't yet of course, and now I want a 2018 because of what is looking to be a good deal of improvements. Of course time will tell on that. Problem is if word on the street is correct, looks like I wouldn't have one in my driveway until September-October time frame. That's just in time to enjoy it for a couple weeks before winter hits.

I had a fun car that I tracked, drag raced, and took to auto cross school but sold that 2 summers ago. Last summer I missed out on all of that fun. I don't want to miss out this summer as well.

Trying to figure out what direction I should go with things. Looking for ideas of other cars that I can have fun with on the street and are still well capable on the track. Maybe something I get instead of the Mustang? Possibly say screw it and just get a 2017? Pros and cons on doing that vs. a 2018? Another thought was get a Boss 302. I could have fun with it this summer and then next year trade in on a 2018 and would have a trade in I shouldn't lose my ass on.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Boss would be a great choice.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Are you wanting to stay mostly stock minus little stuff like tires, intake, tune , etc?

Or are you willing to spend a more considerable amount of money?

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
if getting one right now is so important, it would seem to be best to just get a 2017 and see how it goes...

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I can stay stock or mod it up, just depends on what I go with.

I want something by the summer time. Just hate to buy a '17 and find myself wishing I had an '18. If I buy used I would be alright but I know if I buy a new one, I would lose my ass on trade in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
On mods I wouldn't do stuff like superchargers or turbos, but intake, headers, bolt on type stuff would be a go for me.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
A 2011-2014 Mustang GT with a full exhaust, CJ intake setup, tune and then Cortex Racing's Xtreme Grip system would be a great daily car AND be an extremely capable track car. It's expensive but it's less a simple coilover kit and more so a full scale suspension revision.

http://cortexracing.com/

Their Xtreme grip street with a torque arm and offset option will let you run very fat meats up front, monster mechanical grip and will probably outdo any current Mustang sub the GT350 Track Pack.

It's a very capable track system, so much so it's used in the SCCA SpecMustang class racing.

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I would mod an S550. It's what I want because I think they look so good. If I got a Boss it would just be for a toy to hold me over. I wouldn't spend the money modding the previous gen as it's not what I really want.

Generally before the S550 came out I was never really attracted to Mustangs.
Sponsored

Last edited: