OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Yeah i work at JDm and im going to have Jim tune it in the future. The ride isnt too bad, ive had much worse haha but it sits pretty nice now where it is and being its my DD i probably wont lower this one. I have my 04 cobra lowered nicely and talk about wheel hop and spin you should see it in that monster lol
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yeah i work at JDm and im going to have Jim tune it in the future. The ride isnt too bad, ive had much worse haha but it sits pretty nice now where it is and being its my DD i probably wont lower this one. I have my 04 cobra lowered nicely and talk about wheel hop and spin you should see it in that monster lol
Oh yeah with that Terminator you know what I'm talking about!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Got mine 8/15 that started built 12/14/14 and finished 1/5/15. Holiday close/open special. Solid as a rock and like brand new at 14,000 miles. But I'm 100% stock Spain motor and love the way the eco PP turns. Being that I'm race red I drive slow like an old man except turning, man how eco PP turns right and left.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I bought my EcoBoost in March of 2015. It was a November 2014 build, so it has the early Spain built motor. I only have 15,800 on it as of now and its been pretty trouble free, aside from the short hesitations at half throttle (i attribute to spark plugs, may change them soon) All stock too.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Got mine 8/15 that started built 12/14/14 and finished 1/5/15. Holiday close/open special. Solid as a rock and like brand new at 14,000 miles. But I'm 100% stock Spain motor and love the way the eco PP turns. Being that I'm race red I drive slow like an old man except turning, man how eco PP turns right and left.
I bought my EcoBoost in March of 2015. It was a November 2014 build, so it has the early Spain built motor. I only have 15,800 on it as of now and its been pretty trouble free, aside from the short hesitations at half throttle (i attribute to spark plugs, may change them soon) All stock too.
Holy shit, you guys don't drive at all. I haven't had my EB in almost a year and I had 27k

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've had mine since November 11th and I'm already at 4300 miles. I do around 1100-1200 miles a month.

Slowly chipping away at the mods....

If only Ford could fix my A/C. Taking it back in Monday for the THIRD time for them to try to fix it. It's getting to the point I'm ready to take it to a local shop so I can have some professionals fix it.

It wasn't working when I bought the car and hasn't worked since.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've had mine since January '15 and have 59,3** on it now. I also now have a beater car for a daily, so the Mustang barely gets driven 100 miles a month.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I've had mine since January '15 and have 59,3** on it now. I also now have a beater car for a daily, so the Mustang barely gets driven 100 miles a month.
Highest mileage EB? :cheers:

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
I believe the cause of alot of these failures are from people trying to be a mechanic to save money and making simple mistakes :shrug:

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Saying that all Spanish engines are more prone to failure than all Cleveland engines is not an accurate statement. The engine failures were early 2014 builds (July-Sept?) and mostly all tuned so perhaps the tuners adjusted the tunes over time as well as manufacturing abnormalities regarding the rod bolt torque were corrected. There are many more tuned 2015 running just fine than blown engines and the frequency of engine failure has diminished over time. To my knowledge the 678, 677, 676. and 675 Spanish engines have held up better than the previous engine numbers and are the fastest EB's setting records at the track. Also, some tuners have never had a blown engine. There are too many variables that are unknown and may have changed at some point to say that Cleveland engines are superior to all Spanish engines.
This is absolutely true... I have my ecoboost from day 1 (February of 2015) most likely a Spanish built engine. I didn't do any mods until a year later of owning it. Last summer, I had Tuned+, Catback, intake, intercooler upgrade, BOV upgrade cold-side and she's still running well. Today is my last day of free maintenance with my local dealership (20,000 miles). I am very happy with my car and I drive it hard as well. Once in a while doing 6700rpm at a 20mph roll... It really depends on how you take care of the car and the amount of research you do before applying mods on your car.

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Welcome to the club! Late to the party, but my April 14, 2015 build Ecoboost Premium has had zero issues, at 15k miles now and did a couple simple mods to it and Bama tuned it after 10k. Still getting over 27 MPG average and loving it.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Bought November 2014 here, just rolled over 40,100. All stock spain motor with zero issues except smoke at extended idle.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Bought November 2014 here, just rolled over 40,100. All stock spain motor with zero issues except smoke at extended idle.
Have you taken it to the dealer to have the the PCV TSB done? TSB 15-0192

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Would the dealer cover smoke if you have straight pipes?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Would the dealer cover smoke if you have straight pipes?
If you've gone with an aftermarket downpipe, maybe not. If it's the stock DP, the rest of the exhaust is mostly for sound, you have a pretty good chance they will cover it if it's still under warranty.

The TSB is to replace the oil separator with a more efficient one. They also will flash the PCM. The oil separator working correctly has nothing to do with the exhaust. The symptoms would be a little different in that with the inefficient oil separator, you get smoke after about 10 minutes. Problems from a DP would most likely have it smoking all the time.

I've always found it best to print the TSB and take it in with me. That helps eliminate that immediate reaction for rejection.
Sponsored