Sponsored

Any dyno graphs with Comp cr Stg 3 cams?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I understand what you are saying by you would need to change the firing order to change when the over all valve event happens. You are incorrect thinking that by controlling lift you change firing order and valve event as you have defined as even BMW and nissan do not change firing order. Stop thinking of event as a whole and start thinking like everyone else who thinks of an event as being one of four things IVO, IVC, EVO, EVC and where they happen in relation to the crank. Lobe ramp rate, lift, separation angle, Ect. will make a lot more sense to you if you do.

The autos RPM limit is 6800 the manuals are 7000.
No, you are incorrect.

VCT is not that fast to change the valve timing for each single cylinder - it changes the timing for the whole event which is constant - and you can adjust the ignition hence you can change the timing.

My auto had 7000 limit - your info is wrong. I know - I looked inside my stock tune with HPT...like I said - I have one.
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You don't know what you are talking about with cam timing or ignition timing. So I'm not going to spend any more time doing it.

I just compared my stock auto tune to a stock manual tune. Both have a 6850 RPM limit. Both have a 7000 RPM cutoff limit, but as the temperature For speed limit value is less, it uses this 6850 limit. If you say different you disagree with whats in the tune and I can't help you with that see attached pic.
AutovMan RPM.jpg

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
No, you don't know what you are talking about.

It's called a SOFT limit and HARD limit. In reality car would spin to 7000 so your theories are wrong...now check again and see different values for ignition and fuel.
Temperature dependent RPM limit...geee...we are in 21st century and every tune does that LOL

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
Youve done nothing but be ostentatious, thats what youve done. Fact 1, AED's tuning blew up my buddies engine (brother in law in to be exact). I was personally involved with things with that car, while it wasnt my own it didnt need to be. He had issues with how the car was running for months. Shaun wasnt able to get it running well do to his own cockiness. He ignored my suggestions on what i felt the issue was. I begged my brother to get his car retuned else where. Shaun wanted to keep blaming the car when it was his skills or lack there of. The engine paid that price and cost a lot of money to get fixed and retuned elsewhere. I most definitely have earned the right to talk about Shaun. Get over it. Fact 2, Evolution and L&M cost Badcompany an easy 50k+ in damages in his Gt500. They were proven to be fraudulent companies.
Do you have any proof it was the tune that caused it? Or it didn't run right, must be the tune kind of thing?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Do you have any proof it was the tune that caused it? Or it didn't run right, must be the tune kind of thing?
Exactly. And if it didn't run right, why wasn't it fixed, and why was it continued to run hard to the point of failure?

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
I've had a few shots at email tunes and prefer a real dyno tune with my local shop rev auto. Huge dif in tunes. I can show you a graph of back to back if you would like.
I love how this has turned into a bitch fest
I'd be interested in seeing this. Would that be a Lund remote tune compared to a Revauto dyno tune?

But we can both agree that you really don't need to change the springs with NA Comp cams. You can but for what?

P.S.
RPM limit is set at 7000 for +2015 coyotes, 7500 for Ford's performance power pack 3. 7750 in my case. I think I will drop mine to 7500 as
the engine is not making any usable power over 7300 however this could change with the new cams - time will tell.
Have you considered the differences in momentum/acceleration shifting at 7500-8000 compared to 7300? Based on another user's research, there is more momentum even shifting the stock manifold at 7600 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, and 3rd-4th than at a lesser rpm.

Also, springs are cheap. If one is worried about it, just get another set and move on.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Wow, that's a huge gap. There was another user on here who had shockingly low tq on his Lund tune as well. Revauto is a quality shop. Can't go wrong there.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Wow, that's a huge gap. There was another user on here who had shockingly low tq on his Lund tune as well. Revauto is a quality shop. Can't go wrong there.
Yup, that's what happens when a tuner takes the time to dial in the vct.
This dyno tune was 8hrs but to be fair about 2 hrs was prob spent waiting to flash each tune revision.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Bingo!!! Dialing in VCT!!! and some peoe were told cams are not worth it on this platform!? Gee prolly because the tuner cant maximize or dial in the vct!!

Those are some HUGE tq gains on a NA car.

Thats damn good over the Lund tune.

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
420/378 is a Lund email tune after revising.
Second one is dyno tune 438/404. Huge increase in tq across the whole graph.
This is for headers and JLT
438 hp and 404 tq what is the mod list with this? over 400/400 would be killer.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Have you considered the differences in momentum/acceleration shifting at 7500-8000 compared to 7300? Based on another user's research, there is more momentum even shifting the stock manifold at 7600 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, and 3rd-4th than at a lesser rpm.

Also, springs are cheap. If one is worried about it, just get another set and move on.
Springs are cheap - you are correct. Plus you can change them without removing heads. For now I just can't justify that.

My car feels strong up to 7300 and then you can tell that it just spins higher but it's not making power anymore. IMO shifting at 7400-7500 gives the best results with GT350 mani.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Apparently its to much to ask for people to only bitch about 1st hand experience....

then again you were the clown claiming whipple was a 200 pound boat anchor.....
Pardon me for not joining the whipple thread and taking owners word on the weight in a few other threads. Heaven for bid im wrong once in a great while. We're done here.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yes my brother in law had proof, or else i wouldnt be saying what im saying about him. It was completly tune related. It was an unfortunate, expensive lesson. Lead a horse to water, something, something.
Sponsored