Sponsored

Ford GT Specs released

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
You've got to remember that the US has pretty strict safety requirements. The US spec McLaren 675LT is heavier than what they list on their website. I'm sure it the case for other manufacturers.

I'm not quite sure why the MGP is so crappy though. The Aero could just be that hardcore. It's getting about the same MPG as the Viper ACR, yet still has a pretty badass top speed.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I want to know who buys a car like this and worries about mpg.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I want to know who buys a car like this and worries about mpg.
Nobody, obviously. But the point behind those statements remain nonetheless, that a V6 ecoboost engine was used and ONE of it's reasons for being used as opposed to a larger displacement engine was its efficiency.

Therefore, when you consider that it drinks more fuel than an 8.4L Naturally aspirated V10 in the viper, more fuel than any V12 Lambo/Ferrari, hell even more fuel than most full size trucks, it obviously brings about some skepticism. If it was that poor on the efficiency front, I would have preferred them choose a different engine and "make it work" per se. Not attempt to showcase the ECOboost technology with a car that gets 11mpg haha

Not exactly selling what the label states, if you know what I mean haha

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
... a V6 ecoboost engine was used and ONE of it's reasons for being used as opposed to a larger displacement engine was its efficiency. ...
As far as the GT is concerned, I think the major reasons for choosing a V6 Ecoboost were size and weight rather than efficiency.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I believe they used the ecoboost as a marketing reason. Think about how many ecoboost engines ford sells. Win on Sunday sell on Monday.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, all that exposure for the EcoBoost name via racing is a big reason they went that way....

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Once again people are taking "we're targeting the best" with "we've achieved the best"

Remind anyone of another quote taking out of context, blown out of proportion and then run with?

"I think 200 pounds is within reach" which turned into "The new Mustang will be 200 pounds lighter".

Also, the new GT was designed to race in a specific class at LeMans, which has a displacement cap for both N/A cars and forced induction cars. They had this engine already designed and tested from their Daytona Prototype series, so they ran with it. Otherwise they would have needed to design either a whole new engine that was under 4.0 liters (if going FI) or under 5.5L (if going N/A).

They have no engine that can go up to 5.5L and make the power they wanted, and they already had this 3.5TT. Why not use it?

Ford made the completely right decision.
Sponsored