Ford GT Specs released

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Like everyone else was hoping for more hp and tq, actually lots more tq, but still love the car, would sell my kidney to have one if I could. In 10 years it will be worth a million bucks and a Ferrari will depreciate so doesn't have to be top dog cause its got that something special that only ford gt's seem to accomolish outside of million dollar hyper cars.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Funny thing is a full bolt on Whipple GT would have a better power to weight ratio. I know this car isn't about straight line acceleration but these days 647 horsepower isn't going to cut it in that segment. I would have liked to see one closer to 750 horsepower. The weight is good but not great too. For its spartan interior and carbon fiber, I was expecting a sub 3000lbs car. Between the weight, horsepower/torque, and MPG what was the advantage of going with an Ecoboost engine?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The car is pure sexy, no doubt. But those numbers are not ground breaking....I also expected more. The GT500 is going to need more than those numbers for sure.
Didn't see the vett win lemans lmao.
You guys never amaze me.
Where is gm's V6. I mean V8 lmao.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Didn't see the vett win lemans lmao.
You guys never amaze me.
Where is gm's V6. I mean V8 lmao.
Did the GT win Lemans? That's pretty impressive. To me though the numbers aren't really what this car is about. But those who were saying they would be ok with that Ecoboost in a GT500, it would lose badly against a ZL1. That V6 is very nice.....for a V6. The GT500 is going to need more than those numbers to be relevant. Sorry if you don't agree.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Did the GT win Lemans? That's pretty impressive. To me though the numbers aren't really what this car is about. But those who were saying they would be ok with that Ecoboost in a GT500, it would lose badly against a ZL1. That V6 is very nice.....for a V6. The GT500 is going to need more than those numbers to be relevant. Sorry if you don't agree.
Zane are you serious?
You really think hp tq numbers win races? Are you saying just because the GT Ecoboost has less hp/tq and if the same exact engine was put into a mustang that it would lose to a ZL1?
Really??????
Well my friend.
I have a 2016 F150 2.7L ecoboost with 325hp/375tq. It smokes Chevy and dodge and ford V8 trucks. It's also bone stock. You put to much into numbers. Just because it's lower on power compared to a ZL1 does not mean it's slower. The z28 had 505hp/485tq. The lesser GT350 with 526/429 beat it.
The new ZL1 can't beat the outgoing GT500 times in the 1/4 and it has more tq, more technology and advancement.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Zane are you serious?
You really think hp tq numbers win races? Are you saying just because the GT Ecoboost has less hp/tq and if the same exact engine was put into a mustang that it would lose to a ZL1?
Really??????
Well my friend.
I have a 2016 F150 2.7L ecoboost with 325hp/375tq. It smokes Chevy and dodge and ford V8 trucks. It's also bone stock. You put to much into numbers. Just because it's lower on power compared to a ZL1 does not mean it's slower. The z28 had 505hp/485tq. The lesser GT350 with 526/429 beat it.
The new ZL1 can't beat the outgoing GT500 times in the 1/4 and it has more tq, more technology and advancement.
HP and torque definitely help win races, but you're right, it is not EVERYTHING. I would also not brag about racing trucks lol, kinda lame. The Z/28 has less HP and weighs more than the R (the R is the only one to beat a Z), so yes that's where it lost. The new GT500 will have to have more than the GT ecoboost.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Racing trucks are lame? Really? So is being sarcastic and asking if the GT won Lemans

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Racing trucks are lame? Really? So is being sarcastic and asking if the GT won Lemans
Yes racing a 2.7 liter truck is lame to me. But you do what ever brings you joy. And I was legitimately asking if it won Lemans, and then said that's very impressive....because it is impressive. Again, the GT is pure sexy, and it could have 400hp and they would still sell out.

I am just saying the GT500 will need more power. Do you think 647 and 550 is enough for the 500 to take the Z? Because I don't.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yes racing a 2.7 liter truck is lame to me. But you do what ever brings you joy. And I was legitimately asking if it won Lemans, and then said that's very impressive....because it is impressive. Again, the GT is pure sexy, and it could have 400hp and they would still sell out.

I am just saying the GT500 will need more power. Do you think 647 and 550 is enough for the 500 to take the Z? Because I don't.
In 2016 the GT took 1-3-4 place. Nearly what it did in 1966 taking 1-2-3 place.
What's lame is a 2.7L truck beating a V8 truck. What about a Raptor beating up on V8 trucks with a 3.5L V6 ecoboost? That's lame too?

To answer your question, will 647/550 be enough to beat a ZL1? Possibly yes. Depends on what the S650 brings. If the GT500 follows recent history like last time and use GT40 engine and evolve from its technology, yes the GT500 will destroy the competition! Do you honestly think ford is just going to allow GM and dodge the glory? Think again my little friend. If it wasn't for the gt500 the hellcat would of never been as goes the ZL1. Fords 662hp gt500 started the hp wars again. Ford will finish them also. Only a fool shows all of their cards

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
In 2016 the GT took 1-3-4 place. Nearly what it did in 1966 taking 1-2-3 place.
What's lame is a 2.7L truck beating a V8 truck. What about a Raptor beating up on V8 trucks with a 3.5L V6 ecoboost? That's lame too?

To answer your question, will 647/550 be enough to beat a ZL1? Possibly yes. Depends on what the S650 brings. If the GT500 follows recent history like last time and use GT40 engine and evolve from its technology, yes the GT500 will destroy the competition! Do you honestly think ford is just going to allow GM and dodge the glory? Think again my little friend. If it wasn't for the gt500 the hellcat would of never been as goes the ZL1. Fords 662hp gt500 started the hp wars again. Ford will finish them also. Only a fool shows all of their cards
It's lame (to me) to race a 2.7L truck. But what ever floats your boat. I don't care what anyone else does. Just for me, it's a hard pass.

As far as the S550 GT500 (please Jesus make it happen) that 647 550 is not going to cut it against the ZL1, because they're probably going to weight the same. My hope is they make a ecoboost V8 of some kind. That would be awesome. Small V6s do nothing for me. Sorry man.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's lame (to me) to race a 2.7L truck. But what ever floats your boat. I don't care what anyone else does. Just for me, it's a hard pass.

As far as the S550 GT500 (please Jesus make it happen) that 647 550 is not going to cut it against the ZL1, because they're probably going to weight the same. My hope is they make a ecoboost V8 of some kind. That would be awesome. Small V6s do nothing for me. Sorry man.
I hope for a ecoboost V8 also. But you and to many people disrespect the ecbooost v6's
Would I choose a V6 ecbooost over a V8 ecoboost? Of course not. But if ford builds a gt500 ecoboost V6 I'm in line for that also because that's the only choice. You'd be foolish to think if they ever did build a V6 ecoboost that they would allow it to be easy prey.
What kills me about some of you people is, some people like the Porsche and some like the GTR. Both have 6 cylinders. Both are bad ass. But you never judge against them for having a 6 cylinder.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I hope for a ecoboost V8 also. But you and to many people disrespect the ecbooost v6's
Would I choose a V6 ecbooost over a V8 ecoboost? Of course not. But if ford builds a gt500 ecoboost V6 I'm in line for that also because that's the only choice. You'd be foolish to think if they ever did build a V6 ecoboost that they would allow it to be easy prey.
What kills me about some of you people is, some people like the Porsche and some like the GTR. Both have 6 cylinders. Both are bad ass. But you never judge against them for having a 6 cylinder.
Wrong I do judge them for V6s, but that is just me. I hate the way they sound, and yes that includes the new GT. Ford will lose some life long Mustang guys if they go V6 in the GT500. Especially if it'g going to play second fiddle to the Camaro. Because regardless of you think, 647 and 550 is not going to be able to hang with the ZL1 if it sits on the current S550 platform. Now if they go super light weight, well that is different.
Sponsored