Sponsored

5pointno/divineraze

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Considering he sold his mustang, not sure what good this will do (I plan on posting to Maserati forums as well to warn them against this guy). We've all dealt with alot of jerks in the auto forum world and here's another one.
[MENTION=27200]divineraze[/MENTION] [MENTION=21992]5pointno[/MENTION] They're the same people... I need to get this off my chest.

Sorry about how long this is. I'm still furious about this whole thing.
tl;dr
Bought these wheels, one turned out to be cracked and bent. The seller blames greyhound and inadequate packing on his part.

This was the sale thread. I waited this long to post this because 3 weeks ago, he said that he'd see what he could do in terms of sending me money for the rim fix. I just asked again 5 mins ago, he said he didn't have any money.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68635
Here's the description in case he decides to delete the post.

Asking $1,300 OBO
*Missing some bolts due to garage remodeling
*Some curb rash on front right wheel&tire (shown in picture).
Product Features/Specifications:
Size: 20x10 Front | 20x11 Rear
Offset: et40 front | et50 rear
Finish: Carbon Graphite
Weight: Front 26.4 lbs | Rear 24.5 lbs
OE TPMS Compatible: Yes
Center Caps: RED
Tires:
Pirelli P-ZERO
Front:265/35

I decided to grab these on an agreed $1250 shipped price. Great deal for Vorsteiner wheels with tires. Even if one was curbed a little. I sent him a payment a few mins after agreeing to the price. It was during his finals week as he told me, so I totally understood. It took well over a week for him to get them dropped off to greyhound, which I told him about btw. This part is very relevant.

I even sent him $50 after he constantly messaged me about how much he was regretting selling them and how much money he was losing on these wheels plus shipping. He said he was getting a place to make custom boxes. I just felt bad so I sent $50 on top of the $1250 agreed. So it came out to $1300 even. Exactly his asking price.... I'm a fucking idiot. That's what I get for being nice I guess...

10 days after he shipped them, greyhound calls me to tell me that the wheels are ready for pickup. I get them and bring them home on Dec 17. For those in VA, you'll remember this was during the ice storm. Took me 2 hours to get from Fairfax, VA to Silver Spring, MD to pick these up.

I bring them home and they seem to be very well packed. A ton of packing peanuts all around the wheels and the face of the wheels also have a piece of cardboard covering them.

I examine each one for obvious damage (bubbles in the tires, The wheel face and spokes etc...). I didn't see anything other than minor cosmetic issues, so I went to lunch with a friend and came back to take pics and share with other friends. In fact, I had messaged Roger about the fact that I loved how fat the rear tires were and thanking him for shipping and packing all of it.

I come back from lunch and start wiping the dust off the wheels (they had been sitting for a while from the looks of it). This is where my heart sank. I saw a chip on the back side of the rim (not a big deal by itself), but then I saw the crack running right under it.

I send him the pictures and he goes on about how that sucks and that he didn't want to ship with greyhound because a friend of his also shipped with greyhound and his wheels ended up bent and cracked too. (remember how I said that I was the one who told him about greyhound?) If he knew that his friend had used them for shipping before, why would he be so surprised when I said that greyhound shipped bulky items. That right there shows me that he's willing to lie to save face. In my opinion, why would anyone lie if they've done nothing wrong?

I looked for repair shops and found one that did wheel crack welding. They did a pretty good job (the wheel also had a slight bend in the same spot). The repair guy said that it definitely looked like it hit a big pothole.

Anyways, it came to $200 for fixing the bend and the crack. I asked Roger if he was willing to cover any of this and he pretty much went ballistic. His response was "NO WAY DUDE!!!" Told me "I never want to hear about those wheels again". (I have screenshots of snapchat conversations). I'll post them below. Please excuse my typos. I was fuming at the time.

He told me that he had no money to send me because it's christmas time and he had to buy presents... He said it was definitely greyhound who did this damage and I have a screenshot of the message which even says that he probably didn't use enough packing peanuts.

If you look at the chip, it's obvious that it wasn't done by someone throwing a box or the wheel with the tire on it. No way for anything to get in there to chip unless someone took a crowbar and jammed it between the tire and the wheel. I believe that the damage happened with them on the car.

This is right after he said NO WAY MAN!!!! I started screenshotting because I knew I was dealing with a crook.

I'm disrespecting him I guess. And somehow he helped me by selling me something? Shipped fast... I paid for them Nov 28, he shipped them Dec 4. I got them Dec 14.... Shipping wasn't a huge deal because of finals week, but I don't like him telling me that he shipped them fast...

I obviously meant to type wheels.

Anyways, I do think that there is a chance that he had no idea it was cracked. The rim held air, but he was adamant that he had pictures of all those wheels and he was gonna send me proof that it wasn't cracked....

Here I ask for the proof that he said he'd have. I think my argument is valid. For something to damage that wheel, it has to hit it from the top. The tire overlaps that area unless you find something to get in between the wheel protector and the wheel itself. For someone to have dropped the wheel and damaged it, the damage would be on the side of the rim, not the top.

He had told me that I was disrespecting him. I guess it's all about him... My feelings don't count here. Considering the resale value for that welded rim is pretty much nonexistent, I could sue in small claims court and I'm still considering that option.

He helped my argument. It's flow forged wheel. you have to hit it very hard to make it chip and crack like that. Even if I tossed that wheel from a 3rd story window, I doubt it'd crack. It'd need a 3700lb car going 30+ mph and impacting a sharp bump to cause it to crack....

Yea I was wrong here... I did in fact say he lied. Like I said, he may not have known the crack was there, but at the same time, he's not even concerned about my end. Whether he did a shitty job packing or he didn't see the crack when he sold it, I don't see how any of it is my fault.

The other 3 wheels seem to be good. I haven't brought them in to be checked for any bends, but they pass the visual inspection. I'm not even asking for the full $200 it took to repair the wheel. I think it'd be fair to ask him for half the cost. idk maybe I'm 100% in the wrong. You guys will probably point that out if that's the case. :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Wow. That sucks dude. Obviously there's always a risk with buying anything used. That being said, I'd have to agree with you. There's no way that happened from shipping. Especially if you're saying the boxes were in perfect condition. The fact that there was a tire on the rim negates that theory even more IMO.

The real question here is whether he knew about it or not. The fact that he calls those wheels a "curse" makes me think he may have known more than he's letting on but that's just speculation obviously.

I'm assuming now that it's fixed, they're good to go? At least that's a plus. If I was Judge Judy, I'd say that the seller should send you back $100, shake hands, and call it a day.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Surprisingly, I actually bent one of my factory 20" Foundry wheels. I didn't think that was possible but with the low profile factory tires on there, apparently that's what happened.

My last tire rotation (every 5,000 miles) before I wore out the factory PZero's, I noticed a slight vibration under breaking. It was annoying but nothing terrible. I knew I needed new tires so I didn't bother looking into it any further.

A month or two later, my new tires came in. Took the car to the shop and during the tire mounting and balancing, they discovered the bend. It was on the inside rim. We put that wheel/tire on the back end to minimize vibration in the steering wheel. The following week I took it to Wheel Doctor and they fixed it up for me. Seems to be fine since. Obviously a crack is a much bigger deal but hopefully it's good to go now.

OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Wow. That sucks dude. Obviously there's always a risk with buying anything used. That being said, I'd have to agree with you. There's no way that happened from shipping. Especially if you're saying the boxes were in perfect condition. The fact that there was a tire on the rim negates that theory even more IMO.

The real question here is whether he knew about it or not. The fact that he calls those wheels a "curse" makes me think he may have known more than he's letting on but that's just speculation obviously.

I'm assuming now that it's fixed, they're good to go? At least that's a plus. If I was Judge Judy, I'd say that the seller should send you back $100, shake hands, and call it a day.
As far as the wheels, the repair shop said that they do cracks alot and it will be just as good as stock. I do know that some shops wont like it being welded as far as changing tires out. I don't care, I'll bring it to the shop that fixed it. I have not mounted the wheels yet because VA just put down enough salt to double the salinity of the Pacific ocean. I'll wait a few weeks before they go on. I'm hoping they're good to go.

The fact that he said they're a curse, I agree is what made me think he had issues. I'm not doing any track days with them, I just wanted my car to look good lowered and wide tires.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
My friend's worked at a wheel shop for about 8 years now. He said he has shipped thousands of wheels and in 8 years he has:

Had wheels get lost.
Had Wheels get chipped or scratched (when the box was also destroyed).
Had wheels get scuffed.
Had wheel get minor cosmetic damage.

But never in 8 years has he shipped a wheel that was CRACKED through shipping in a box that shows no signs of damage. He said that wheel was cracked and with the cost to replace a SINGLE wheel in the hundreds of dollars its probably why the seller sold the set.

OP
OP

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My friend's worked at a wheel shop for about 8 years now. He said he has shipped thousands of wheels and in 8 years he has:

Had wheels get lost.
Had Wheels get chipped or scratched (when the box was also destroyed).
Had wheels get scuffed.
Had wheel get minor cosmetic damage.

But never in 8 years has he shipped a wheel that was CRACKED through shipping in a box that shows no signs of damage. He said that wheel was cracked and with the cost to replace a SINGLE wheel in the hundreds of dollars its probably why the seller sold the set.
Yup I know that it'd be nearly impossible for any good wheel to get cracked unless a tremendous amount of force was used. When the box is very much intact, it tells me that he's blowing smoke.

He sold them because he no longer has a mustang. I posted a warning on the Maserati forums about him, but the admin told me that negative posts are never helpful. I disagree because if I see even a single justified negative review, I don't buy from that person.

Whatever, lesson learned. I strongly advise anyone to have the seller send very detailed pics of any wheels they buy from the forum.

Also [MENTION=27200]divineraze[/MENTION], if you keep doing shit like this, one day you'll probably screw over the wrong person who will bring you to a small claims court and sue you for damages beyond a single wheel. Your mommy and daddy need to teach you manners instead of buying you a Maserati. Spoiled little shit.
Sponsored