Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I've read it's gonna be off the (new to N.A.) Ranger platform. I dunno... I kinda want to see it based off the F150 or Expedition.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I hope it looks exactly as pictured with a Raptor ecoboost option! I would be very interested as long as it's under $50k

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
I would assume it will be Ranger based since it's coming out of the same plant. I also read somewhere that it was competition for the Wrangler, which also leads me to believe it will be midsize.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
All accounts indicate that it'll share platform with the next gen global Ranger, which means the Everest as well. However, during the livestream of the press conference, someone asked about Bronco vs. Everest in the comments. Ford's rep replied that the Bronco would not be a rebadged Everest, and we'd all be pleased with its design. Take that for what it's worth.

To me, it sounds like there will essentially be three vehicles on that platform - Ranger, Everest and Bronco. There's no reason to believe Everest will come to North America. But even so, both it and the Bronco will have different identities, different styling. At least that's what I'm choosing to believe for the moment. Whether that's retro or modern is anyone's guess, I'm just hoping that the claims of "no compromise" and genuine utility translate into something that's at least Xterra like, but preferably Wrangler-competitor instead. What I do know is that around 2020, my '05 WK will probably need replacing, so I'm extra hopeful...

Sponsored

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
We already have an Explorer Sport. The Expedition is outdated and way too big. I was really hoping this would be a full size to fill that gap and compete with a Tahoe type truck.

I'll keep an open mind, but mid-size conjures up images of Bronco II in my head. I know the original models up to about '77 were all smaller stature, but the full size is what I was drawn to. My '96 Eddie Bauer was an awesome truck and fun to drive.

Sounds like they're aiming for the 45-55 MSRP, which is probably going to get them more sales, which is the name of the game.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the Bronco comes just as it's pictured in the concept, consider me a buyer for sure. Let's just hope they don't design it entirely different.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If the Bronco comes just as it's pictured in the concept, consider me a buyer for sure. Let's just hope they don't design it entirely different.

landscape-1456340665-b2.jpg
I really like that design as well, but I'm not prepared to pay more than a base Mustang GT price for it.

If it's $50k, ehh.

Maybe I'd get a 3 or 4 year old one in 2022. We will see.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'm not sure where people are getting that kind of price point. Ford isn't going to make a mid-sized Bronco that's on par with Raptor pricing. That's not to say there wouldn't be upper trim levels and option to drive it up, but the base price has got to be in the rough ballpark of $30K.

I'm guessing if its marketed as a more truck-based utility vehicle, then the Explorer will be kept more upmarket, premium. The 4WD Explorer starts around $32.5K. IIRC, Toyota 4Runner starts at $34K, and 4-door Wrangler at $28K (I'm not sure what else is left out there it would compete with). So, that kind of places the Bronco on the price scale in my mind...

Sponsored
OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I liked this concept. Just needs the removable topper.
landscape-1464285572-2020-fordsvt-bronco-2dr-blue.jpeg

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I liked this concept. Just needs the removable topper.
Yup. That's the one! I love it. I like the photoshop that did it off the Atlas concept too.

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I liked that one, too. Looks like full size platform. Tough looking!

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
The Bronco needs to be a fullsize truck. That almost seems to be the entire appeal of the old ones. A BOF, SUV, with real off road capabilities. Unibody trucks are not trucks, they're station wagons with a lift kit IMO.

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I think it belongs in the Mid-Size segment. I agree with some of you that my first thought was "Bronco II" and that just makes me sad. But think about how much the "Mid-size" truck segment has grown in recent years - Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma, etc. If it were full-size, you'd have overstepping on R/C F-150s both in design and production. Not a good use of money. It'll most definitely have its own styling/design. In case some of y'all missed it, Ford just announced the refresh coming for the 2018 F-150 and one of the most prominent aspects "identity". They're spending some $$$ to make sure that each trim level is unique and identifiable and to secure it's identity separately from Super Duty. I don't think that concept will be lost on the Ranger/Bronco.

Again, like some of you have said, as long as it's equipped to be a legitimate and capable off-roader, it'll execute well. All I'm asking for is a V-8 option. Lol.
Sponsored