Sponsored

Thrush Welded Mufflers

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Yes, I do have mixed feeling about the results. I have to set up my camera and do a few samples to see if it is just my prospective from the driver's seat of a convertible with the top down. I also want to check the hangars since there may be one of two loose giving up more vibration than expected. My install was $200. The idle and normal driving are good but WOT is a bit overpowering. Definitely not what I have been used to hearing with stocks.
Wish I'd kept stock mufflers on my vert... even though, overall, I like the way it sounds.

Looking forward to your vids...
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I think I am warming up to the new voice. On the way home I got to drive through an underpass and got her opened up and the sound was FANTASTIC! It is a bit loud but damn very nice and powerful sounding. I think they are best heard from outside while moving. Will get some vids up soon. Yes, I kept the stocks just in case but, have a feeling I am going to be very happy in the end.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
would definitely like to hear some more videos of the thrush mufflers. seems to sound pretty good.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I think I am warming up to the new voice. On the way home I got to drive through an underpass and got her opened up and the sound was FANTASTIC! It is a bit loud but damn very nice and powerful sounding. I think they are best heard from outside while moving. Will get some vids up soon. Yes, I kept the stocks just in case but, have a feeling I am going to be very happy in the end.
You can always replace the factory resonator with a single inlet/dual outlet muffler and that'll quiten it down a good bit. I have a Vibrant resonator on mine. Also, I didn't realize you are a vert car, so I'm sure your setup is louder inside than a hardtop. I'm glad to see that you like the tone of the exhaust. That's what's most important to me. If you can find a tone you like, you can always make it quieter. I've been through numerous setups with mine before finding what I liked.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I actually did a resonator delete as my first exhaust mod a year ago. It did give it a slightly louder tone. I was very impressed with the sound in the underpass and with drive by and launch vids, I can confirm if it sounds as good outside. I think it is more the dramatic difference that kind of shocked me the first day. What is your current configuration?

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well at + 1 weeks my feeling about the exhaust note has changed for the better. My biggest regret is that I don't trust my wife or kids to do a proper drive by or launch to hear the sounds from outside the car.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ended up returning my mufflers to Amazon. The cost to have them welded in was too close to an aftermarket axle back for me to feel like it was a good use of my money, especially with them being chambered mufflers.
I'd be in $320-350+ at the minimum to do it. Not worth it at the price, for me.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I've had muffler delete (stock everything else). And to me it's not loud at all. And for reference I live in SoCal and have never been hassled by law enforcement ever.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Damn Metal, was counting on hearing how yours turned out. Oh well, hopefully I can get some vids up on the Max Flows this weekend. Basically, unless you wanted to do the cutting yourself, going with an aftermarket will still cost more than the $350 (actually mine was a little less, - $200 on install, $85 for mufflers and $35 for tips). You cant touch most of them for under $500 and you still have to install them. What do you plan do do now, just live with the stocks?

Sponsored
OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I honestly don't know what I'll do. I might take another look at the Flowmaster Outlaws - they're $419 on americanmuscle. I've got the tools to install them myself.

I'll probably do something soon. I'll definitely update this thread when I do.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Hi Slow89, any chance your are in San Diego? Would love to hear yours in person. Too late on keeping the resonator for me, it was hacked up for shits and giggles about 6 months ago LOL!

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well good luck Metal, that was what I original thought to do myself but when they went up over $400 I started looking into the Thrush Welded. The Outlaws probably make my Max Flows sound tame LOL!

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Haha, yeah, I can be like that sometimes. I was ok with chambered mufflers if it was going to cost $250 to buy/install, but at close to aftermarket axle back prices I'd rather just do it right and get straight throughs.